♡ 15

The couple were awake by a loud sound coming from downstairs

The couple were awake by a loud sound coming from downstairs. After Stefan left to see what was happening, Isabela tried to go back to sleep, but the music was too much, and she couldn't.

Damon was really drowning his sorrow partying, which to the other resident of the boarding house was quite inconvenient.

Now, they were getting ready to go to the Mystic Grill and watch the fundraiser. Bela was sitting on the new dressing table that Stefan had surprised her with. It was gorgeous, made in dark wood to match the rest of the room, and Stefan was finishing his shower when the doorbell rang.

"I got it!" Bela said from the bedroom, since she thought that they were home alone and had just finished her makeup.

Downstairs, she came across Elena buttoning Damon's shirt. "I'm not even asking." She said, making her presence known.

"Bel." Elena greets her with a weak smile that felt once she realized that Damon was, in fact, not drunk enough. "He's fine."

"He's Damon." Was Isabela replie. "What are you doing here?"

"Right, I found out who may be my birth mom."

Isabela makes a surprise face. "Really? Who is she?"

Elena grimace. "That's the thing. Her name is Isobel. She's Alaric dead wife. Jenna gave the address of a old friend of hers, but she knew about vampires Bel, and I remembered that when we were helping Damon, Stefan talked to Alaric, so maybe he knew what had happened to her."

"Well, Stefan told me that Alaric believes that she was killed by a vampire."

"Oh my God."

"I know, but I think it's best if you hold up a bit about asking Alaric questions." Isabela holds a hand up when Elena opens her mouth to talk. "I know that's a lot to ask, but I need you to trust me. Is it for the best, okay?"

After Elena agreed that she wouldn't ask questions for now, the doppelganger left.

Isabela knew Stefan was suspicious of Damon killing Isobel and was hoping that he would figure out more before she told Elena.