Chapter 25

Y/n's pov

'You look extra grumpy right now. You even won the match so why do you look like you lost all your life?' you whisper at Rukawa walking by your side, both of you leading the way towards your house with Sakuragi and Haruko behind you. Haruko had accepted your offer to let her see your bunny instead of getting dinner in the town, which Matsui and Fujie still went to since they were starving "like a tiger".

'You! Lady fox! How long!' Sakuragi shouts at you from behind, you turning to face him with a side eye.

'I told you for the hundredth time, we are near.' you say, throwing a small piece of paper scrunched up into a small ball towards him.

'Ew! You! What is that?' he yells, tossing the paper ball away from him which you pick it up from the ground.

'Paper with your face. I scrunched it up because you were being annoyed.' you say, Sakuragi immediately shouting at you demanding an explanation. He opens the scrunched ball, looking at the sketch of his face where he made the mistake of not passing the ball properly to a team member during the match earlier. You hear Rukawa let out an airy laugh for a brief second, Sakuragi turning even red as he grabs Rukawa by his shoulder trying to turn him around.

'This is not true! Genius Sakuragi can never make a mistake!' he says despite Haruko trying to stop him from picking fights, Rukawa looks bored as Sakuragi whines loudly.

'This is why you will never beat me.' Rukawa says as if to rile Sakuragi up even more for some reason. You sigh, Haruko giving up on calming down Sakuragi and only starting to walk beside you towards your house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Shut up, you are scaring her.' Rukawa says to Sakuragi as he holds your fluffy white baby bunny, Momo smelling his hands with her twitching nose.

'She's so cute!' Haruko says as she tries to pat the top of Momo's head, except Rukawa only takes Momo away from her hands.

'You are going make her stressed. Animals hate it when too many people touch them.' he replies to Haruko looking slightly hurt, Momo only munching on the carrot stick that Rukawa feeds her.

'Rukawa! You selfish fox, let us pat the rabbit too!' Sakuragi says, Momo only scurrying away from them into your arms, continuing to chew the half-eaten carrot.

'I'm going to just leave her upstairs in my room. We need to make dinner anyway.' you reply, Rukawa looking grumpy at the fact that he didn't get to spend enough time with your bunny as you stand up holding Momo. 'How about we make chicken donburi?' you ask as you walk up the stairs, Haruko happily agreeing as the other two only stare at Momo looking down at them blankly.

You look down at the living room as the other three slowly stand up, making their way toward the kitchen following Rukawa, Sakuragi says something to Haruko that makes her smile awkwardly.

'Off you go.' you tell Momo as you place her down on your bed, she happily sits on the squishy part of the cushion, making her back look more like a fluffy white ball. You stroke her back a few times before closing the door to your room and making your way back downstairs.

'Wait. You can cook?' you say to Rukawa's back with an apron on, Sakuragi sitting at the table trying to set it properly, Haruko preparing the chicken fillet with panko crumbs.

'I'm not dumb like Sakuragi.' he replies, Sakuragi's eyes glaring at Rukawa as he chops the onions.

'Where did you learn how to cook?' you ask as you take your mum's apron from the corner, tying the ribbons behind your back.

'From the internet?' he replies, holding up his phone with the recipe for chicken katsu donburi.

'Hmm.' you say, raising your eyebrows before taking the clear bowl and cracking the eggs to whisk.

'Anything you can do, I can too.' Sakuragi says as he marches up to Rukawa, trying to take the chopping board while Haruko tried to tell him that it is dangerous.

'Will you just sit down, idiot? You doing nothing is the only way to help.' Rukawa says, causing you to laugh as Sakuragi's face turns bright orange almost the same colour as his face.

'What?! No.' He says as you pour water and soy sauce into the pan, turning the stove on.

Author's note: a bit of an awkward ending but i would rather update than to go on a hiatus just to add more 👀