PART THREE

Follow | Share | vote | Comment

BISMILLAH
___________

Marwa.

Clutching her cute bag tightly, she ran to me with a big smile similar to the one on my face. I motioned for her to slow down and she did but only when she was in front of me.

"Mummy" she called out as I kneeled to her height. I hugged her tightly and her body shook from her giggles. "I have missed you," she said in her adorable voice which made my heart melt. "I missed you more baby," I said to her before I got to my feet. "Shall we go?" I asked taking her tiny hand in mine and she nodded.

We reached the car shortly and the driver helped me to put her bag and lunch bag in the trunk of the car before the two of us sat in the back seats. "How was school today? Did you do well in your exams?" I asked her. "Yes mummy I did really well, I knew all the answers to the questions," she told me excitedly. "And I made a friend from another class today, we read together" Seeing how excited she looked, I concentrated on her.

"Really? What is her name?" I asked and she frowned. "No, it's not a girl, it's a boy and his name is Nabil"

Oh.

"I shared my snacks with him and he shared his with me" she finished and I smiled. "You've done a great job today. You made a friend and you wrote your first paper perfectly so for that, you deserve a reward" Her eyes immediately lit up more than they were before after I said that. She had my eyes.

"Really? Can we go get ice cream? Please say yes mummy" She clasped her two hands together and gave me her best puppy eyes. I allowed her to take ice cream only twice a month and she has already taken it for the month but she was giving me that look I can't say no to.

"Coldstone it is," I said after a few seconds of pretending to think about it. "Yay! Thank you so much mummy" she said happily hugging me tightly. I told the driver our destination and he nodded.

~

"One cookies and cream with rainbow toppings please," I told the woman that was behind the counter as she nodded and typed in my order before she started to scoop the ice cream.

I glanced back at Hanan who was sitting on a table behind me with an excited smile on her face. "Here" the woman handed me the ice cream and I went back to our table.

"Enjoy," I said keeping it in front of her. She grabbed the spoon and shoved the ice cream in her tiny mouth."It's good, like always" she said with a mouthful and I laughed. It's still shocking to me how this girl doesn't get a brain freeze at all. She can chew and talk with ice cream in her mouth just like her father. She is like him in so many ways.

Unfortunately?

"Why didn't you get one for yourself?" she asked me after noticing the space in front of me. "I'm not in the mood for ice cream" I replied. I have had too much ice cream during my teenage and pregnancy days that's why I don't really crave it much anymore. Only once in a while.

"Okay, but when you're in the mood, you should try this," she said pointing to her already half-eaten ice cream. I smiled and nodded. "I definitely will try it," I said.

Hanan is only 4 and has already seen a lot. Sayf didn't treat her the way he treated me. Not at all. In fact, he adored her when she was just born at the age of 2. He even stopped physically hitting me just so she wouldn't see. But eventually, she came to know about it.