PART TWO

VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW / SHARE
~
Enjoy

BISMILLAH
_______________

Marwa.

Anxious.

That would be an underestimate of what I felt right now.

I can do this

I will do this

I drew in a breath as I heard the doorknob twist. They are here.

The door creaked open revealing their kind faces. The Lady walked in first and she was followed by a handsome man. "Hello good afternoon" the lady greeted cheerfully and I smiled. I could tell she was friendly and that calmed my nerves a little bit. "Hi welcome to Rale weddings and events" I replied motioning them to sit opposite me.

They both sat down and the guy nodded at me. I guess that's his way of greeting me. I nodded back with a smile before the lady started talking "I am Mariya and this is my fiancee Ibrahim" she introduced and I nodded. "So nice to meet you, I'm Marwa," I told her. "Nice to meet you too Marwa"

Silence engulfed us and I realized I was supposed to talk first after the introduction. "So...is it a wedding, birthday or.." I trailed off realizing how dumb that question was. She just introduced him as her fiancee and that would only be necessary if it's their wedding. So obviously it's a wedding. Right?

"Yes, we are getting married in a month and I heard so many good things about this event management so I chose to come here, plus I saw your website and I like the decorations you do. I am obsessed" she says with a smile while looking at her fiancee who gives her a little smile.

"Congratulations and thank you, I promise we won't disappoint you," I said.  "How many events do you want to have?" I asked while grabbing a jogger and a pen just like Umma told me to do. Always take notes.

"We are having six events, Henna party, bridal shower, Kamu, Mother's Eve, dinner, and Nikkah," she said and I made sure I took notes of what she said. Six events! That's a lot.

"You want us to handle the catering of the events too?" I asked. I didn't if it came with the whole package so I had to ask. She nodded her head "Yes" she replied.

"Which date next month?" I asked. "August 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and the 19th" she listed and I wrote it down. "Great, when do you want us to have another meeting to discuss further?" I asked her. "Sometime before the month ends? Because we have a lot to discuss"

"Sure, I need your contact now," I said before I forgot. I needed to get out of here ASAP. "Oh okay," she replied. She called out her number which I wrote and also insisted that her fiancee give me his So I can contact him if I don't reach her.

"I will contact you first thing on the 25th insha Allah," I tell her and she smiles before grabbing her bag from the table and getting to her feet. Her fiancee also does the same. "Alright see you soon," the guy said for the first time with a sigh. I'm pretty sure he wants to be anywhere but here. "Yes thank you" I replied and they walked out the door leaving only me in the office.

I released a breath I didn't know I was holding before I sat back down to calm my nerves.

How did that go?