Chapter 132 - Old Wounds

Start from the beginning

"Then how about I give you a little? You already know my name Ikarus since we had a quick chat at the café, but I was Petra's first love and someone she swore an oath too. It's a little hard to believe seeing how rabid she is towards me right now"

For someone who's staring at death right in the eye, she really doesn't seem that concerned knowing all Petra wants to do is kill her. If I wasn't trying to resolve this, I'd have hit her for calling Petra rabid though but Petra now seems more focused on something else.

"You did what with her, Ikarus?"

Ah crap, Petra's getting her samurai blade out again. Now she's probably going to misunderstand something and try attacking again.

"Petra, put down your sword down and let's go have a discussion somewhere a bit more private, we really need to sort this out. Both of you give me your blades as well, please?"

We could probably do without having all the onlookers and Mute staring at us so something like a neutral place where we can sit might help, maybe like that café again. Thankfully, both of them do as asked giving me their weapons so hopefully I can understand what's going on a little more now.

'Looks like it's the third time I've gone to this café today...'

__________

"You two have done pretty well running this place, it's quite nice really... still can't believe you neglected to tell her about me"

"..."

Now at the café for the third time today, I'm the only one eating while black eyed Petra stairs deep into the soul of the vampire Melinda. It's a damn shame I can't properly enjoy this cake since Petra is in pain right now, somehow that effects my tastebuds but maybe it's just an anxiety type of thing? I hate seeing her uncomfortable and I probably shouldn't be eating but this is stress eating!

I should probably try and steer the conversation every other bite or so though.

"Can we just do this nice and simple? If you two were a thing and now not anymore, why the immense hatred? What happened?"

I mean, Petra's normally justified to kill someone on the spot but this seemed different than usual, almost as if she was letting her emotion get the best of her. We've always got the option to kill the vampire after but can't exactly say that will be easy if watching that last fight was anything to go off.

"I'm just as confused as you, we we're going through a rough patch and Petra's solution was to kill me apparently"

"A rough patch? You describe what happened as a rough path? *Sigh*... why are you even here Mel?"

Every time this smiling vampire says something, it just causes Petra to either get more stressed or angrier but at least she's willing to speak with her a little more now though.

"Other than to see your angry face once again? Main reason being curiosity really. I heard the rumour the legendary hero Petra had settled down and with another women no less. I wanted to see personally what she was like"

"You dare say anything bad about Ikarus, you'll lose more than just your tongue"

'I do like Petra being protective but not really the time for it'

"You can relax Petra; I do see the appeal in her... Although, I seriously doubt she could ever compare to some of the stuff we did, but I'm also guessing you didn't tell her that as well? Things really did get wild and she seems a little tamer than I was expecting, but that's necessarily not a bad thing"

Tame? I'm apparently tame? I really should take that as an insult but I'm guessing she's talking about sexual stuff? Ah, why am I even thinking about that? I really don't want to know what Petra and her ex got up to behind the scenes, not because of the perverted nature of it but do you really want to imagine your current partner getting it on with an ex?