016||Thunder

Chapter 016

JUST COME HERE

|THIRD PERSON|

AS HER EYES slowly opened up, she felt incredibly groggy and confused, not sure where she was. She tried to recall what had happened the night before, thinking back to the argument which had left her feeling so upset. 

As she was certain they had argued, she was unsure as to why she was still at Marcus's house. Her hangover was intense, causing her head to throb with each breath, each moment feeling like a struggle to get through.

Nova realized that she was still wearing Marcus's hoodie, which she thought was a thoughtful gesture to leave for her. She looked down at her bodysuit, noticing it was no longer in the condition it was when she had put it on. 

The night before had obviously taken its toll on her, but she felt slightly awed at the small things he had done for her. Her head was still pounding with a fierce hangover, but she was glad to see that he had left some painkillers for her to take.

As she sulked over her bodysuit, the reason to why she had woken up this early stroke again, causing her to remember her fear of thunder and lightning. As the noises continued to fill the air outside, she felt a sense of panic begin to rise inside her, causing her stomach to churn with anxiety.

As the thunder outside had continued for a while, it was becoming too intense for nova to sit through, and she wanted a safe place away from the sudden noises. She decided to try to find her way over to Marcus's room. She flicked the hallway the lights on, and began to walk through the hallway towards his room, opening the door slowly.

As she peeked through the door, she saw that Marcus was still asleep, which did slightly annoy her. She couldn't go back to her room alone, as her fear of thunder was growing too intense for her to bear alone, and she was certain she needed to stay with someone. She considered waking him up, but he was already sleeping soundly, and she didn't want to spoil that.

As she was trying to find the courage to face her fears and return to her room, she suddenly heard a voice, which she immediately recognized as Marcus. Her lips curled into a slight smile and she turned to face him, feeling relieved that he was awake. She was now hoping that he might just be willing to keep her company until the thunder was over, providing her with some much needed comfort.

"nova? why are you in here?" her heart dropped as she felt the weight of her presence in his room, realizing it might have been stupid to disturb him at such an early hour.

 She considered explaining, but she didn't want to sound irrational by admitting that the thunder was bothering her that much. Instead, she remained silent for a moment, before finally speaking up.

"i was trying to find the bathroom" she replied, realizing she was probably not the best at lying under pressure. She attempted to pull off a shy smile, hoping he would believe her explanation but he couldn't make her out clearly in the dark, it was likely that he would just assume she had accidentally wandered into his room, rather than the bathroom.

"you have a bathroom in your room" he got up, putting on his night light lamp on.  She couldn't come up with a reasonable explanation for this and only hoped he would dismiss it as an honest mistake.

"oh, i didn't see it" she scratched her head, still considering if she should open up. 

"ight, come, ill show you." she moved out of the way so he could lead the way, he walked into her room glancing at the bathroom door that was wide open.