9 || emperor

(PS there is a bit of homophobia in this chapter, since it wasn't tolerated to be gay back in the day, this all part of the story to show homophobia and how women were treated.)

--

with the emperor

'father!! I have caecilius here!!'

metella ran in and instantly bowed before her almighty father. her forehead nearly touched the ground.

'up.'

metella instantly shot up like an arrow being let lose with very precise aim.

a guard drags caecilius in.

hands and ankles tied, ginger hair infused with black dirt, shallow, hollow cheeks, caecilius is almost unrecognisable.

the guard throws him by the emperors feet.

he was a slump of bones and flesh, unfunctioning. poor caecilius.

'leave.'

the guard rushes out.

metella watches with a smirk as her father steps down his 3 inch stairs towards caecilius.

his lifts his index finger, gently grazing caecilius' left cheek.

'you have potential, boy.'

finger under his chin.

caecilius didn't have time to react- with one quick flick of his finger caecilius is thrown backwards, head hitting the cold concrete.

the emperor stands.

'wasted potential.'

caecilius groans, trying to get up.

with one small wave of his hand, a guard goes and drags caecilius out the grand hall.

metella is grinning widely.

'daughter. '

'yes father?'

'come to me. I've missed you dearly.'

metella walks towards her father, grin growing even wider.

as she got close enough-

slap.

metella stumbles backwards, hands on her red cheek, tears threatening to break free.

'f-father? why..?'

metella falls to her knees and sobs choke her, tears streaming down fast.

what a crybaby.

'you got a second chance to live, yet you found a man who likes men!! you are no daughter of mine! I should've disposed of you with your mother!!'

'm-mother-?'

'SILENCE. you are useless, you piece of scum. you're lucky I'm even giving you accommodation here. you have no education, money nor a husband. without me you're useless.'

'but father-'

'do you understand?'

'I can-'

'yes. or. no.'

'yes father. I understand im useless and cannot benefit you in any way.'

'dismissed'

metella quickly gathers herself, big heavy sobs shaking her whole body as she leaves the grand hall.

--

grumio watches in as horror as metella leaves in tears.

he watches as the emperor got up and walked over to a wooden chest.

grumio turns to face his little dickie pals, hand over his heart, beating oh so very fast.

'we have to act fast.'

his little dickie pals nodded in agreement.

'we set up camp in that forest East of here, tonight we take down the emperor and save caecilius!!'

cheers erupt throught the crowd.

only 5 people but they're ll big muscular men.

grumio grins to himself.