"So you're choosing them over me? Over your own mate?" He asked coldly, his face clearing of all emotions. I threw my arms up in annoyance and anger, not believing what he was saying.

"No one's choosing anyone Zaliver! Don't you see that? They are my parents, you are my mate, I can't just have both of you in my life? Zaliver, you just told my father to fight you till the death because you thought he'd take me away, what the hell man! What were you thinking? How do you think that would have ended? Do you think I would have been happy with you had you killed him?" I took a step in his direction.

I could see the wheels in Zaliver's head-turning as for once someone stood up to him to make him see his faults, but I wasn't done.

"Every single time you do something you know there's a consequence and you, yourself have proven to me that you plan multiple reactions to a situation, but tell me Zaliver Azrala, Mr. Lupus Deus, if after your victory, your grand winning and final game, have you ever honestly thought about the destruction, the pain, and grief you've left behind?" With each word I took a step to him until I stood in front of him, not fearing him or maybe just not caring I reached up and took his chin roughly in my hand, making him look down at me.

I wasn't just referring to all of his past actions and winnings that were horrible stories of how he won and how many people's lives he destroyed, I was asking him why he had to involve death and violence to get what he wanted, why he had to crush others if at the end of the day his prize was in his arms.

Even if his prize had to suffer to get there.

His blue eyes stared down at me, emotions flashing and changing. We were both breathing hard and refusing to look away from the other. I felt like this would be a changing moment for both of us, but I couldn't tell if it were for better or worse. After a pause, he finally answered me.

"Yes." He said honestly, but I knew there was more to it than a one-worded answer. I reached up with my other hand and took his face in my hands, being more gentle with my actions, I softly caressed his cheeks with my thumbs. I looked at him seriously.

"So why? Why do it if you knew that at the end of the day you would win? Why act savagely towards others to get your goal? Why?" I whispered.

He closed his eyes and pushed his cheeks into my hands, staying silent for a moment. When he opened his eyes, they were cold and unsympathetic. My breath hitched.

"Because I don't care what has to be done or who I have to destroy if by the end of the day I get what I want." He stepped out of my hands and looked down at me with a raised brow.

My hands dropped slowly as I looked at him, feeling as if something in me broke at his answer.

"My mistake Vivian was not showing you who I'm known to be, my mistake was trying to be someone who'd you'd be happy to spend the rest of your life with. I've been playing pretend while dealing with danger on the sidelines, I've let you walk on the blindside, showing you the kind and caring Zaliver. But truth is, once a monster, always a monster, I'm like a loaded gun, made for destruction and pain. I am nobody's hero." He spoke frankly, walking a circle around me with his hands behind his back.

"I'm a repulsive creature of the night, created to stalk, hunt, seduce and kill my prey for the fun of it, and you know this. Even our bond-" He leaned in behind me, moving my hair to the side. ", can not make you blind to that. You've felt it as well, haven't you? The darkness that surrounds me, that clings to me like a second skin." He whispered into my ear.

I looked forward, my hands clenching into fists, I rather feel angry now than to feel the brutal honesty of his words, to feel the disappointment and heartbreak. Because everything he was saying was true, the darkness that came from Zaliver's side of the bond, the moment I seemed to near him it disappeared, it was like it was no longer there. Like the Zaliver that carried it with him was no longer there.