Prologue

PROLOGUE

As the gods looked down at their creation they looked on with worry and caution. He was no longer the same, they had lost control over him decades ago and now he was becoming a real problem for them. No longer was he just known as the 'Messenger of the gods'. He was now a god. And he had won the title fair and square. Showing all those who stood against him that he would not hesitate to shed the blood of those accused of disloyalty.

He was cruel.

The gods looked down on him as he fought his way through the bodies, not even in his full form and they were nothing but a bunch of toys he played with. Making sure to kill them in a way that would leave a mess and yet be a bitter sight to even those foul enough to appreciate a kill.

He was vicious.

As they watched, the female gods all looked up to each other, sharing knowing looks. His appearance was expected to be as ugly as his personality and reputation, but it was the opposite. His looks equaled to those of the male gods in the room. And he knew it as well.

He was seductive.

But as they watched on, they became horrified at the amount of power that he collected daily. Not only was he dangerous and out of control, but his power was becoming too much for even the gods to handle. They feared that if he were to return to them, that he would be able to take them out.

All of them.

After all, it wasn't a secret that they couldn't have been more neglectful and devious when it came to the boy. They took him from his home when they saw purpose in him and turned him into what he was now. The gods sat around the glass like table, all heads high and eyes distant. Finally one spoke, it was Alstha, god of war and knowledge.

"Something must be done immediately! He is slaughtering hundreds by the minute, some not even guilty!" She exclaimed outraged. Her god like features twisting into something dark.

"We cannot do a thing. We made sure of that when we made him, that he be indestructible and for his powers to be undiminishable." Eccasto god of intelligence and instinct spoke, voice grave with regret.

"And who's bright idea was that?! We've all seen what the boy can do and I swear on all that I know, that I know that something ill will happen to us if we do not find a way to stop him." Spoke Fate.

The gods froze. The name was simple, but he spoke only when needed. His words were basically law and if he worried for their future then this was graver than they all thought. They all looked around the table and all thought on what to do

The boy had trained with Alstha so he knew much of war and knowledge, he trained with Eccasto so he knew how to react to anything, he trained with Fate on how to prepare for anything. The boy had trained with all of them-

Almost as if the same thought had passed through their heads, discussions halted. The boy had trained with them, but not all. There was one God they thought he would not need in his missions so they hadn't prepared him for her power. Although he was mainly in her charge and were the same species.

Luna.

Or as her people called her, Mother Luna.

All eyes went to her as she cocked her brow in question. Out of all of them she was the safest, she hadn't interacted with the boy.

"What?" Her melodic voice passed through the vast room.

"You're the only one he hasn't prepared for." Fate spoke, his expression one of caution yet mirth.

"And?" She questioned once more.

The gods looked at Fate, curious.

"Mother Luna, what is the one thing you give your children that none of us can give?" He asked standing from his chair and making his way to her gracefully.

"A Mate." She answered without hesitation, proudly.

The other gods gasped in surprise as to where Fate was going with the situation. Fate 'tisked' and took her hand in his, lifting it to his mouth to kiss it softly, lingering just as tad bit.

"No. I can both give a lover and take one away with a simple accident."

She snatched her hand back forcefully and her beautiful features shifted to that of an animalistic  expression. Lips parted and teeth bared as if defensive, angry eyes narrowed in warning.

"Be calm Mother Moon, I will not harm any of your...innocent children." Her features returned to normal, but the wild look in her eyes was still present, alert.

"Hope. You give your children hope. Hope of having someone to cherish, someone to trust. Someone to love."

"Yes I do. But what of it?" She exasperated, voicing the thoughts of the others in the room.

"The boy has nobody to love. No one to call his own. No family. Look at him. He goes and comes as he pleases, he's free. Too free."

The other gods finally understood and agreed, but they didn't get the end game

"Send him a warrior! She will tame his heart!" Yelled out Alstha, eyes gleeful at the thought.

"No, send him a heartless girl, he will pin for her affection and his instincts will let him do no more!" Yelled out Eccasto.

The other gods yelled out their thoughts and opinions about who she should be and why, but with a raise of a hand Fate shut them right up.

"No." The gods looked on at him flabbergasted, not comprehending how Fate could not see the brilliance in some of their ideas.

"So who shall I mate him to Fate?" Asked Luna. Excitement clear in her eyes, everyone knew she loved matching couples together. Even the impossible pairs.

"She will be gentle like the breeze of autumn, catching him off guard from what he's use to. That will add-on to his desire to know her." Fate said, a pointed look to Eccasto for this one.

"But she will also be stubborn and defend herself against him with bravery no other has shown him in years, this will be great for others, for she will bring him from his high horse and let his feet touch ground once more." Fate looked at Alstha.

"Her beauty will be inwardly, she will be beautiful no doubt ,but not the beauty he's accustomed himself with. This will open his eyes to see people for who they are, not what they seem like. She will bring him peace as well as joy. Hope for things he thought he would never get. She will tame him. In power, spirit, soul, and heart."

The room was silent as the gods took all of this in. One God spoke."But will she be his undoing?"

Fate stayed silent.

"Can you do it Mother Luna?"He asked, the challenge clear in his voice.

She replied with a smirk. Her hands lifted from the table and mist surrounded them, the sun suddenly set and the moon rose. Luna chanted under her breath like usual, but this time everyone watched closely. Knowing that their fate ironically was in this event they always ignored and snickered at. But for once, Luna did something different.

She brought her wrist to her mouth and bit it, then let the blood from her wrist seemingly float up. A grand amount left her before the wound sealed. Fate's eyes narrowed at this.
The blood slowly began to form a solid form, next to it blue blood appeared, making the others hiss out.

The blood of the boy.

"What are you doing?!" Yelled out Fate, alarmed by the gleam in her wild eyed stare.

Luna continued to chant ignoring the others. Both blood began to come towards each other, Luna's blood took on a purple hint right before it touched the boy's. The bloods intertwined and clashed for a moment until it became one and suddenly disappeared into thin air. Luna tilted her head to the side before blinking, her gaze clearing and expression turning that of indifference or perhaps boredom.

The other gods glared at her.

"What did you do?" Repeated Fate an edge to his tone.

Luna gave him a wide smile before sealing their fate.

"And thus Vivian Grey was born."