Chapter 2. A Status

As I try to compose myself the cheering of the crowd of creatures and people settles down, I look around trying to gauge the emotions of the room, there are many happy faces but there are more stoic faces. The man with white hair looks at me with a happy expression on his face, and the woman by his side looks concerned for him. I ask with as calm a voice as I can muster.

"Where is this and how did I get here?"

I look at the man and woman. I guess the alcohol does help calm some nerves. I look around and the crowd looks on in a somewhat disgruntled way I realize my mistake the man introduced himself as a king! I quickly open my mouth again.

" If you would be so kind your majesty Warrick."

the faces somewhat return to neutral expressions some still seem to hold a touch of hostility at the slight. The King, Warrick as he said his name was notices the change in my demeanor and opens his mouth, with a steely gaze towards the room instead of on me.

The King, Warrick opens his mouth with an authoritative will that was not to be questioned and spoke.

"As you all can see the magic was a success now exit the throne room, I've matters to discuss with our Otherworlder."

The King flashes a smile of a stern figure not open to be debated, and the crowd disperses out of the room that would be the size of a football field. after the crowd had moved and the guards in armor with spears at their sides had closed the double doors, the size of which could fit  two elephants entering at the same time. I turned to look at the King who is now sitting. He's breathing heavily and sweating profusely. His Queen aiding him with a cup of purple liquid, while looking horribly worried. The guards looking stoic but concern for their liege shows in their eyes.

I wait for the King to catch his breath looking around the room. Now that it is clear I can see it is made of black stone with different colored spots that must be smaller rocks in them, they were glittering at different angles as the sunlight hit them while the curtains flutter from the wind. after 10 minutes the King and I have been able to settle down the Queen looking as if the worry will never subside in her face. The King speaking in a more affable warm tone spoke to the Queen.

"Thank you, my love, without you by my side this would be ten times as hard, your warmth continues to sustain me." The Queen simply held the King's hand and said, " We swore to love and behold each other for eternity my love." truly a loving couple but what is this melancholy from the guards in the room for?

The King begins with a welcoming tone.

"Please Paladin come closer so I don't have to shout I unfortunately don't possess the energy at the moment, I'll explain everything now but first allow me to introduce myself."

The King switching from a relaxed position to sitting with his back straight continues with a strong look in his eyes.

" My name is Warrick Dreadnought I am the 96th King of the Demonkin."

he then lifts his right hand to his Queen.

"This is my beloved, my wife and my Queen Aqua Dreadnaught."

The Queen did an elegant curtsey that had the eloquence of a professional dancer.

I responded with my hands at my side.

" Hello, your majesty King Warrick Your Majesty Queen Aqua I am John Ericsson."

I continued with as best a smile as I could muster.

" I don't wish to anger you but again. I ask where am I and how did I get here?"

The King with a sincere attitude answered with.