"Aww " you nudged his nose slightly, bobbing your head up and down when you spoke "Little prince is gonna be a king someday.... Rule the kingdom someday... Make head roll across the steps like his dad someday... "

Ironically as ridiculous as it sounds the prince began to giggle and smile. Especially at the last part and that intrigued you even more. You continued speaking ridiculous stuff and the prince began to laugh and play in your arms which lifted your entire spirits making you laugh too.

And just when you decided to take things a step ahead by giving him a swing in the arms than you met face to face with the face you dreaded the most.

Emperor Augustus.

His eyes scrutinized you in a sort of hostile manner before the color of your face drained.

"Your Majesty!"

Oh, you were so screwed.

However, the nefarious atmosphere turned upside down as soon as the princes' giggles and squeaks resonated through the room while he played with your locks.

Emperor Augustus's eyes softened as soon as his eyes landed on his son, and as harrowing as it sounded, he smiled. You didn't even know this beast had the ability to genuinely smile other than the psychopathic grin of his, but he soon leaned down to the child's level who began to touch his father's face.

"This is the first time my son has smiled in arms of someone other than me," the male spoke, then proceeded to take him into his arms, and surprisingly, the young prince began to pout and gestured as if he wanted to be with you.

Damn.

You hesitated. "And also the first person who he preferred more than his father. Certainly cannot forget who didn't glare at him in disdain and neglect him "

You opened your mouth to speak but no voice came out. You then spotted the drops of blood on his coat as he cradled the baby in his arms.

Not good. So not good.

Did he killed those maids from earlier?

Instinctively, you gently took the baby back and cradled him a little to make him comfortable even though you were the one in the uncomfortable spot.

"What's your name?" Emperor Augustus asked.

You fumbled and bowed to be a little courteous. "[Name] [Surname] at your service, Your Majesty."

Augustus hummed. "[Name]... " He leaned a little to study your face while you blinked profusely. You took a step back.

"You and Fin sure have become a good pair in such a short time. It's quite impressive. " He then held his son's arm, who had remained dormant this time, looking at everything in awe and peace. "I'd like you to be his nanny from now on."

You gasped. "Pardon?"

He scowled. "Do I have to repeat myself again?"

True to his words, the emperor turned and strode out of the room while ordering the servants on the gate. "Get this man a room and a place to stay. He's gonna be a nanny to take care of my son."

You stood in the middle of the room even after he departed, gorgonized on spot at the revelation.

"... What the fuck..."

_____

Just because you were good with kids didn't mean you were fit to be a nanny. Kids required a lot of attention. They were mischievous, dumb, literally put anything disgusting into their mouths. Everything except the food you fed them and not to mention how prone they were to sickness and disease.

That's why instead of searching a way home, here you were reading numerous of child care books.

But as time passed by, you did receive assistant and guides. You began to grow placid with the surrounding so that even the Emperor wasn't as scary as you had deduced... or maybe it was because his son favored you. That was why he was favoring you too. Oddly Finnick didn't usually go into strangers arms easily. And yet for some reason, he found comfort in you. Such was that comfort that whenever you would take a nap on the bed, he would crawl upto you from the safe corner of pillows you would make and snuggle into you.

The actions surely were heart warming, but on the day of your break, you found yourself looking into the pond in the garden in melancholy.

It had been far too long. Months since you had come here, and there was no plot and no clue. Just a simple world with simple lives to live. You wondered if you would even be able to go back and meet your friends and family. Was there even a way out?

"What's up [Name]? Why the world is ending look?" Ian came in chuckling and sat by your side.

You immediately scowled. "Nothing. Just wondering how you will pay back to me after sticking me up to the nanny job."

The male let out a laugh. "Sorry about that, but you look more comfortable with your position than you did before. The job suits you actually."

"Me and a babysitting nanny for the rest of my life? You want to lose your teeth?" You balled your fist, and the male chuckled.

"How long are you keep going to pretend someone you're not [Name]?"

...

Huh?

You halted, lowering your fist. "What?"

"You're not the real [Name] are you? " Ian smiled smugly, sitting up straight while you stared at him with wide eyes.

"You... How did you know?"

"It wasn't that hard. You were acting pretty strange for the past couple of weeks."

"I... " you drawled not knowing how to react. Were you and Ian close before for him to find it out so quickly?

"But I like the current you more."

You raised your eyes and locked with his. "Excuse me? "

"The past you or whoever the original [Name] was... Well, he was grumpy and disliked kids. The moment I saw you playing with the prince that day and agreeing to take up my cousin's job, I knew something was off and after observing you for a while, I've become sure. You're not him"

Guessing from his analysis, the man who owned this body must've been a baby hater.

"Oh, and his tongue was quite sharp too. He was no less than a tyrant worker who kept complaining about his job. Now I think about it, you stopped complaining ever since the visit from the temple. I'm guessing that's when you and him might have switched."

"Wait, did you say temple? "

"Yes. Oddly you became quite nauseous that day and returned early. Ever since that you became the quiet type. Needless to say, everyone else thought the priest purified you. I believed that too, but now I know what kind of purification that was."

"It wasn't actual purification, I was transmigrated..." So you had been right all along!

"Ian I need you to tell me what happened that day," you pleaded, grabbing his arms. "Please! I want to go home."

He looked at you before turning away, blushing a little "Let me take you out on dinner first"

Excuse me, what the fuck?

"Dinner? Why—"

"Because I owe you of course." Ian chuckled nervously.

Gosh you almost interpreted that differently.

Or did you?