ONE

You stopped breathing after witnessing the horrifying scene right in front of you. A man, tall heighted and cerulean hair, with a good physique holding a bloodied sword in one hand while the head of a servant rolled across the floor, making the whole floor mop in red. Metallic odour lingered in the hair while you tried your best to keep the bile from climbing up your throat.

"Any other servant who questions the legitimacy of my child? " The spoke with emotionless eyes, however everyone had basic common sense to keep their mouth shut. One more word and the next head rolling like a foot ball across the floor would be theirs.

Everyone kept their eyes glued to the ground, shuddering to even raise their eyes. This was complete madness and insanity. You lowkey wished the man would enlist himself in therapy. Those murderous intentions weren't ideally good for raising a child.

"Any one? "

Everyone stiffly nodded a no while the burning gaze bore holes into their forehead. " Good. If I hear another one of you questioning or gossiping regarding my child's birth I would not hesitate to get rid of them and their families, ok? Learn to know your place, peasants. " he remarked bitterly before walking away.

Only when he left the room than you, along with the rest of your colleagues, released their breath. Guess everyone was equally intimidated by the emperor's sudden appearance.

But not more than you.

You didn't even know who all these people were.

Somehow you had dropped into this godforsaken world while taking a nap in the class and now you had been running in loops all week to figure everyone's name or the story you were in.

You weren't even sure what this world was. Did you die in your sleep? Or were you by chance Transmigrated? You had no idea.

But you were sure the one who took your place would be suffering through twenty laps as a punishment for not paying attention.

But who were you kidding? You situation was far more worse.

With a tyrant emperor who had a screw lose in his head.

For a moment you almost contemplated what would happen if you were to get killed by him howevef after witnessing that horrendous scene flash before your eyes, you couldn't control the sweat from leaking.

God, this was hell.

"[Name] " One of your snapped you out of your reverie "Could you take Daniel's shift in the young prince's chamber? " He asked, hesitantly, fidgeting with the hem of his dress — which was sort of childish.

"But why me? " you narrowed your eyes suspiciously wondering why he was asking you off all people.

If you remembered correctly , the male in front was Ian, Daniel's cousin. You weren't familiar with him as much, considering it had been only a week since you had made your appearance. Or should you say your soul had made an appearance? Still you knew enough that he wasn't particularly a bad guy.

Ian sighed, rubbing his forehead in frustration "Daniel fainted right after the emperor left the room. He's sensitive to the sight of blood and I'm taking care of him. None of the others have a free shift." he then lifted his head to make eye contact "Really sorry to trouble you but if no one appears then it might put everyone in a tight spot again. And sure enough no one wants to see another head roll down the stairs"

You gulped, hearing the man's words. Ian did have a point. If the emperor asked what happened to the people with free shift, surely he would spot you and end you , wouldn't he?

And sure enough Ian would be whisked into the fiasco too. There wasn't really an option other than taking care of his brother which would be a pain if he suddenly starts asking unnecessary questions (which you wouldn't be aware of) once he wakes up.

"Fine, just remember I'm not doing this for free " you sighed and the male in front of you smiled, gleaming brightly.

"I would never forget this kindness [Name]" he patted your shoulder "I would surely pay you back" Ian winked and left while you stood there with a twisted expression.

What was that wink for?