Most of the groups were done presenting their work. Only 3 groups weren't able to present. Our teacher told us to continue the presentations tomorrow because classes we were about to end. As soon as our teacher told us her reminders the school bell rang. I was just organizing my things when I heard something heart breaking.

"You guys might not see me here tomorrow. This might be my last day."

"What? Why?"

"I..Ha..n...s..ra...d"

The class was so loud so I wasn't able to hear the full conversation. My heart sank when I overheard this conversation.

WHATTT!? IS ACE LEAVING???

I walked to Chelsea and told her the news. She gave me a shocked face and immediately asked me the reason he's gonna be gone tomorrow.

"Eh??" Chelsea reacted.

"I heard him say he won't be here starting tomorrow." I told her.

"But school just started" she said in a confused voice.

"I don't know but do you wanna ask?" I suggested.

She nodded in agreement to my suggestion. We walked towards Ace and Chelsea was the one to speak.

"Hey Ace, if I may ask will you be leaving school tomorrow?" she asked eagerly waiting for his answer.

"Oh no no, I'll just change strands." he answered. I felt a little better that he wasn't gonna leave school but still sad that he won't be in our class anymore. I felt that we were at least getting closer. We had some long conversations from time to time and I felt like we were close to friendship. Then he'll leave just like that.

Although, I could still interact with him whenever I see him on the hallways of the school but it would be harder. I'm an introvert and I can't really socialize well.

Ace was in a hurry so we weren't able to ask him why. I went back to my seat and continued fixing my bag. My mood got worse. I felt like I lost an opportunity.

*sigh*

After I fixed my stuff, I walked outside the room and headed to the bus.  Again it was a hot day so it frustrates me even more to wait under the sun for the bus. Fifteen minutes have past and the bus haven't arrived so I decided to just take the cab. It only took 2 minutes before the cab arrived so that was a relief.

I didn't want to go back home yet so I headed to a coffee shop that I really like. It wasn't too far from home so I could just take a walk back home again. I arrived at the coffee shop. As I was walking to the entrance I saw a familiar person.

Joshua?

I saw the guy that helped me that one time I almost fainted on the road. I looked at him for a good amount of time to make sure I wasn't getting the wrong person. He turned to me and we had eye contact. He smiled and waved at me as he approaches.

"Hey Miya right?" he asked.

"Yes, Joshua" I said unsure if I got the name right.

He nodded and we entered the coffee shop. I remembered that I owed him last time. I tapped his shoulder and he faced me.

"Let me buy you a drink. Besides I still owe you from last time." I offered to him.

"it's-" he was about to decline my offer but i cut him off.

"Please it's the least I could do." I said with desperation. 

"Alright" he finally agreed.

We both went to the counter and chose our drinks. He got the mocha frappe and I got the matcha frappe. I didn't forget to buy the new pastry they were selling. It was delicious looking croissant with some ice cream and fruits. It was a bit pricy but it looked so delicious so I couldn't resist buying it. I gave our order and patiently wait for it.