015

MATTEO'S POV

It had been a couple of days since Ryan decided to give everyone a heart attack. After she had mentioned she ran into one of the wolf dogs that liked to hand out in the woods, Xander asked her to share their whole interaction.

Well...

Asked is not the right word...

He demanded that she share everything. 

Which led to her stubborn nature coming out and her refusing to say anything simply because he didn't ask and didn't ask politely.

Now, it was Tuesday and Nikolai was invited over to our house once again. 

The whole Volkov family was like a surrogate family to us. 

Our fathers had been best friends since they were teenagers, so it was obvious we were all super close currently. 

After mom left and dad died, the Volkov family kind of became our family. 

It was nice.

"Dude! I'm telling you I saw her!" I heard Nikolai shout.

"I don't believe you one bit. She doesn't let anyone see her, and if they do, they are six feet under. Plus, she would have had the other two with her!" Xander says back to him.

I decide to hop in, because I didn't know what we were talking about at all. "Hold on. Who are we talking about right now?"

"Karma's Triplets. Specifically, Karma's Mistress. Nikolai thinks that he saw her at a local bar that he went to because the guy that this mystery girl was with ended up dying due to Karma's Mistress." Xavier quickly filled me in. 

Where did he get popcorn?

Nikolai quickly shakes his head. "No, you guys don't get it. She lured him expertly. She knew the bouncer and the bartender. When she was looking at the victim, she seemed innocent. The moment she looked away, acting shy, her act dropped completely and she was cold, but when she looked into my eyes, she looked very uninterested." 

Xander rolls his eyes. "Oh no! Poor Niko didn't have one girl falling at his feet and suddenly she is one of the best assassins in the world!" His statement causes my brothers and I to burst into laughter. "Dude." He chuckled. "Get a grip." 

"Okay it wasn't only that. She seemed familiar." Everyone laughs again. "Specifically, the way she looked at me was familiar. But not enough so that I could remember from where." 

"Yeah, whatever man." Xavier says.

We continue talking for a while, but what Nikolai said stuck in my mind. 

Who is she?

RYAN'S POV

"-thinks that he saw her at a local bar that he went to because the guy that this mystery girl was with ended up dying due to Karma's Mistress."

Well, that was certainly interesting to hear when I was walking past the game room. 

Poor Nikolai, nobody was going to believe you.

I continued making my way to the kitchen, where I wanted to get some water. 

I ended up running into Rudy halfway there and was evidently kidnapped.

Oh boy. I love being kidnapped.

"Rudy."

"Rudy."

"Rudy so help me god, if you don't put me dow-"

I was set back onto the floor. 

Noticeably in his room.