283

Chapter 283

Things went as expected. However, it was more comfortable than I thought.

I thought it would be a rock ride in hell because the former national team member said it was a place he often went to.

"Isn't it nice here?"

"Yes."

I moved my feet and looked around.

This was a hiking trail on the outskirts of Gyeonggi-do that we arrived at in less than an hour by car.

It didn't feel particularly well maintained, but the slope was not steep and it was worth walking.

'... Is he going easy on me?'

I remembered what this guy said the last time we were hiking on the uninhabited island.

-You... You're already in a state of stamina loss due to the aftereffects. In the past, hiking like this wouldn't have made you so breathless.

It was a speculation with errors in various parts, but I concluded to accept this situation without repulsion.

'It's work-life balance rather than pride.'

But there was a point I was curious about.

"But there really aren't many people."

The point was that there was no one in sight except for a few seniors.

Even on weekdays, there would be quite a few people climbing at this level.

"Oh, this side was under construction. See?"

Ryu Chungwoo pointed with his hand to the small river on the left.

Nets and construction materials were scattered along the road.

"So most of them seem to be going in the opposite direction. They say the roads are better paved there."

"Ah."

"Well, since it was a mountain in the neighborhood in the first place, there weren't that many people coming. There are no mineral springs or rocks."

"It seems like you know this place very well."

"This is where I lived when I was young."

Ryu Chungwoo smiled shyly.

"The archery field I used to go to is nearby, so I've been coming here ever since I moved."

"... ..."

A guy who couldn't even shoot properly due to the aftereffects had to come near his regular archery range...

'He's not in a position to be pitied.'

I just nodded moderately.

"The facilities must have been nice."

"More than that, it's a memory."

Ryu Chungwoo was silent for a moment, then spoke again a beat later.

"I think it will be okay to come with the other guys next time. The boss is kind."

If I cut this out and rejected it, I would be the one who threw my sociality into the fire.

"Alright"

"Good."

Ryu Chungwoo smiled.

"Since the tour is over, we're able to go out and play separately, which is good. When you guys left a few days ago, I had a schedule."