Chapter thirteen: Zoe Adams

I arrive in front of the school, and the door gets opened for me by Jonathan, the driver. I thank him and step out. I'm wearing the dress that I bought with Veronica and Lily, but I added my own personal touch. Instead of the traditional heels, I'm wearing Gucci boots with sheer black tights that have black roses embroidered all over them. As for my bag, it's a rose shaped bag with navy velvet that matches the dress. My hair is in two braids with silver threads intertwined through them and blue butterfly clips here and there. I walk into the school and am bombarded with compliments. I hardly have time to thank everyone before Veronica and Lily sweep me away.
"Oh my goodness! You look absolutely perfect!" says Veronica.
"Seriously, blue is your color!" says Lily.
I feel myself flush because of all the compliments, and I say
"Thank you guys so much! You guys look stunning as usual."
"Oh nonsense!" says Lily.
"Are you ready for the prom queen selection?"
"Of course. Also Lily, im really sorry about the award, you should have gotten first."
"Oh nonsense! I'm sure they chose you for a good reason. Now, let's go grab ourselves a few drinks, shall we?"
We head into the room and grab a few drinks. I can tell that something's still off with Lily, but im sure it's just disappointment from not winning the award. We dance to the fast music, and when the slow music comes on we leave and either go to the bathroom to touch up our makeup or just sit on the bleachers. Finally it comes time to make the prom queen selection. The Principal steps up onto the stage and says,
"Welcome to the -"