-XXXII-

Seasons passed since the fateful events that led to the unity of the three kingdoms. Silla, Baekje and Goguryeo were merged, their borders erased and their people now working hand in hand to build a prosperous land.

It was the eight-year anniversary of the kingdom's unity. On these dates Jennie orchestrates a grand festival to celebrate the journey that brought the kingdoms together.

The festival grounds had vibrant colours and decorative banners, representing the three united kingdoms. All citizens were invited.

Jennie stood at the center of the festivities, her royal attire accentuated by a radiant smile.

She was joined by the former King Daesung of Goguryeo, the second ruler of the three united kingdoms. Their monarchy turned to a diarchy. And in order to make the Silla citizens feel closer to them, Taehyung of Silla's Hwarang was promoted to military general. Together, they symbolised the bond that was forged between their kingdoms.

The Yellow Turban Army and the pirates, once seen as outlaws, became revered allies. They mingled with the crowd, their swashbuckling tales inspiring awe.

The music boys took over the stage once again. They were the main entertainers of the night. Their songs echoed through the festival grounds.

Chaeyoung and Lisa looked out at the sea of smiling faces, knowing that their efforts had contributed to the happiness and prosperity of their fellow citizens.

People from all corners of the three united kingdoms danced freely, forming new friendships and strengthening the bonds that held them together. Children ran and played. Elders shared stories of the past, grateful for the peaceful era they now inhabited.

Jennie was proud of everything they achieved. There was just one thing she was missing, Jisoo's presence. The raven claimed she didn't like parties and would not be able to attend.

She sighed, feeling a bit lonely. Daesung noticed her thoughtful expression and told her it was okay if she left, he would handle the rest. The queen nodded with gratitude and left her throne.

*****

Jennie was now in her chamber. She lay in bed and looked at the ceiling, wondering what she should do next.

Everything was going smoothly.

Yoona and the pirates led the navy.

The Yellow Turban Army joined the police, vowing to ensure there is no injustice in the cities.

The music boys were... well bums but happy bums.

Being a queen was a tough job but Jennie did her part. She united everyone and made sure their interests were represented and everyone was included in a way. That's as far as her ambitions went. Now she was just really tired.

A break would be really really nice. Perhaps a vacation? Are queens allowed to have vacations?

The next day Jennie asked Kai. He told her that she could not do that. A queen apparently didn't have a day off.

For the following year, he made her work nonstop, reminding her of her responsibilities. It drained her of her energy and led her to have a crisis. She worked so hard to reach this place and now she wondered if she was even right for it!

She missed being on the road...

She missed the freedom to explore and to connect with people from different places. But it would be really irresponsible to admit that after everything she promised to her people.

"I don't see anything wrong with that." King Daesung told her. "You held your end of the bargain. Your mission was unity and fairness. You never said you would remain the ruler. You can appoint someone else or leave it to me."

"But... what would the citizens say?" Sir Kai interjected, concerned. "They adore her. Her departure would undoubtedly create a scandal. The people put their trust in her."

"Sir Kai, we cannot discount the well-being and happiness of our queen. Jennie has dedicated herself tirelessly to our kingdoms. She has fulfilled her mission with unwavering passion. Should she choose to step down, it is within her right and our duty to support her decision."

"Very well, Your Highness. We will respect your decision and work hard, so your absence won't be noticed." Sir Kai, though still concerned, recognised the wisdom in his words.

Kai retreated and came back with a small bag. "It's from my granny. An orange hair dye." He explained.

Jennie took the bag from him, blinking for long moments. The two of them were basically telling her it was okay to leave. She didn't think this would actually happen.

"Thank you so much..." She told them both, bowing deeply.

Then she went back to her chambers and processed the situation. She would quit being a queen. There was no way around this. In the long run she was not someone who could idly sit on a throne, she always loved travelling the world.

On her way, she would of course always stop when she would find someone in need. She still felt a connection to her people, viewing everyone was important to her.

Her thoughts were interrupted by thud against her window. She whipped her head towards it and found someone throwing pebbles against it. Therefore she walked over and opened it.

"My queen!" Jisoo's husky voice called teasingly.

Jennie looked down, seeing the raven smile at her. "Ever heard of a door?" She called downwards.

"I thought you would be happier to see me! Want to hang out?" Jisoo asked from her spot in the garden.

"Actually, no." Jennie rejected, shaking her head. "You know I don't have time to hang out. I have places to be." She teased back.

"Ah, that sucks! If you keep that up, I might steal you!" Jisoo exclaimed.

"You are all talk!"

"Watch me!"

"Steal me then!"

"What?" Jisoo blinked.

"I said hurry up and do it." Jennie raised her eyebrows, beckoning her to climb up.

Jisoo's laughter sounded as she effortlessly scaled the castle walls and reached Jennie's window. Jennie couldn't help but feel a rush of excitement.

As Jisoo entered the chamber through the window, Jennie extended her hand, a playful sparkle in her eyes. "Well, thief, are you here to take me away?"

Jisoo's lips curved into an easy smile as she took Jennie's hand. "You bet, my queen. If you refuse, I won't care. You are mine. I found you first."

Jennie's heart skipped a beat at Jisoo's words, her playful smile fading into a soft expression of affection. She could see the genuine love and devotion in Jisoo's eyes.

"You've already stolen my heart long ago." Jennie responded as Jisoo stepped into her room and cupped her cheeks.

Her cheeks tingled under the gentle pressure of Jisoo's hands. She closed her eyes when Jisoo leaned forward and kissed her lips. Her muffled squeal echoed mid-kiss as Jisoo suddenly lifted her up and attempted to carry her out.

Her arms instinctively wrapped around Jisoo's neck, holding on tight as she was lifted off her feet. Laughter bubbled from deep within her. As Jisoo carried her in her strong embrace, Jennie's cheeks flushed with a rosy hue, her heart soaring with exhilaration.

She surrendered herself to the whims of her darling thief as they crossed the window sill. Being promised infinite adventures with her beloved.

The end...