-XXV-

With their hands intertwined, Jisoo led Jennie through the chaotic corridors of the warship. The sounds of battle and the shouts of soldiers enveloped them but the two of them remained focused on their mission.

They finally reached the door of the ship's steering wheel room when multiple explosions from the deck echoed. It was most likely the others that started the distraction. From the chamber, crew members ran out, checking the commotion. Only the Silla navy's captain remained.

Unlike almost every ship that had the steering wheel at the helm, this ship was different. It had a separate room for it. In the room there were portholes for the captain to see the ocean while steering.

Jisoo knocked the man out while Jennie grabbed the steering wheel. With a firm grip on the steering wheel, she adjusted the ship's course.

"Aah!" Jisoo screamed as she was pushed against the wall. "What are you doing??"

"Ramming maneuver!" Jennie called. She used the ship's size and deliberately collided with unsuspecting enemy ships.

She steered the wheel again, turning it fully. The ship lurched forward with its massive frame. The crew members who were still onboard stumbled and clung to anything they could find, their screams sounding from upstairs.

Another huge war ship arrived near them. Jennie had her eyes on it, watching it through the porthole.

"You're going to crash into them?!" Jisoo asked in incredulity, immediately clutching on the nearest object for support.

"Hold on tight, Chu!" Jennie exclaimed, indeed crashing right into it.

She veered the warship towards its colossal counterpart. The two behemoths raced towards each other, their collision inevitable. The distance closed between the ships, Jisoo squinted her eyes. She braced herself for the earth-shattering impact, envisioning a catastrophic clash that would send debris flying and soldiers tumbling.

The collision unleashed a mighty uproar, shaking both ships to their cores. Soldiers on both sides stumbled, some flying through the air and plopping into the ocean. Confusion and panic rippled through the ranks.

Jennie also fell backwards, Jisoo quickly opened her arms, catching her. The room where they were located was not spared from the chaos. With a deafening crash, the door of the room burst open. Splintered wood, shattered glass and swirling sea mist engulfed the room as the collision reverberated through the ship. Their bodies jolted by the force of the impact.

The once-solid wall behind them also shattered, leaving behind a gaping hole that exposed the room to the ocean, water filling the room. Jisoo tightened her hold on the princess. With powerful strokes, she swam against the current, determined to reach the surface and ensure Jennie's safety.

They emerged from the water, gasping for breath. Luca also swam up on his own. They took in the sight before them.

The ocean fully transformed into a battleground. The sky was thick with smoke, mingling with the acrid scent of gunpowder and burning debris. Flames licked at the remnants of the ships, creating an orange reflection upon the water. Explosions and cannon shots were all around them, along with screams.

Soldiers fought desperately, their swords clashing. Blood stained the water, seeping from wounds inflicted upon warriors on both sides. Men cried out in agony, some stumbled and fell into the waves.

Jennie's heart clenched with anguish at the sight of the carnage. But she swallowed those feelings of uncertainty down. There was no peaceful way to end this when the other party wasn't open for one.

The choice was clear - she had to lead her people through this darkness, to fight for their freedom, the restoration of Baekje and the unity of the kingdoms.