-VII-

"Jisoo! Jennie!" A familiar but alarmed loud voice echoed through the woods.

Jisoo was surprised to see Chaeyoung rushing towards them while riding on Trojan.

"What's up-"

"They are here! They are fucking here!" Chaeyoung rambled down and grabbed Jennie from Jisoo's arms to sit on the horse before she pulled Jisoo up.

"Who's here-"

"No time for small talk!! We must leave. NOW!"

Jisoo nodded. Something has to be very wrong for Chaeyoung to be this panicked. She instantly moved to the front and grabbed the lead ropes to ride away but suddenly another horse jumped through bushes in front of them, blocking their path. And not only a horse but also rats.

"Fuck!" Chaeyoung cursed. "Get past them Jisoo! Quick!"

There was a man and a woman on that black horse. Their gear looked fancy, they must be high class soldiers. In other words... they are fucked.

Jisoo made Trojan turn around to get past them but the rats quickly catched up, making Trojan neigh and trample around. Like said before he hates rats.

"You three," The man spoke up and moved towards them. "...Who are you?"

"Really!?" Chaeyoung scoffed. "Shouldn't we be asking you that!? I mean... I'm not the one who sent rats after you, so you had to escape with the terrified horse to reach your companions, am I?!"

"Calm down," The woman said. "We just need answers. You have attacked soldiers in the nearby town and fooled the guards. We have reasons to believe you are spies, meaning you are under arrest, follow us." She examined them from head to toe. Her eyes lingered on Jennie. "Your face looks familiar..." Jennie hid herself behind Jisoo in response.

Chaeyoung's face fell and Jongin catched on that. Shit, Jisoo thought. She immediately saw the change in his expression. He knows.

They couldn't get away because of the rats. "Chaeyoung," Jisoo whispered. "Take the princess and run away."

Before Chaeyoung could respond Jisoo marched towards Jongin with her silver dagger. He pulled out his sword and blocked the attack expertly. Krystal quickly ran next to him and threw her sword at Jisoo but she could dodge.

Without waiting another second Chaeyoung pulled Jennie's wrist and jumped down, marching through the rats with a scream. "AAHH!!!!!!"

Jennie frowned. "We can't leave them Chaeyoung!! We have to-"

"You heard Jisoo right!? We have no other choice!" Chaeyoung yelled towards her and forcefully dragged her along, leaving Jisoo and Trojan behind.

Jisoo did fairly well for not being a trained fighter unlike them. Jongin was way stronger than her and Krystal was way more skilled than her. All she had were her light feet and speed. She dodged and dodged and dodged. She could barely land a hit. It would have been hard enough to take on one of them but both at once? Is that even possible for her? Plus those rats are irritating. They could poison her, couldn't they? She made sure to jump above them, in order not to touch them.

When Jongin's sword almost pierced Jisoo's head Trojan rammed head first into his body, making him fly back. It made Krystal inattentive and let Jisoo kick her gut. As she fell to the ground she gave her a roundhouse kick on the side of her face and high fived Trojan's tail. The rats moved behind Jongin and two other men came out of the woods.

Ugh, they look like Rat Nation citizens, they must be controlling them. Could this get any worse?

They were about to send their rats to Jisoo when two arrows flew past her and landed on hollow pieces of trees which made big branches fall on them and temporarily make them unable to move. Jisoo turned around quick and saw the other two.