Ho's and self pity (maybe)

"Step into the stride. You don't need the weapon, you are the weapon."

It had been a few years since that failed attempt at trying to defeat the Lady Bone Demon. 

Wukong was probably dead. Fuck.

I had gotten stronger.

Realized that being with Macaque meant everything I could ever want.

Realized that being with Macaque meant we were winning this 'war'. 

After a few hours of training, we stopped and took a break. I groaned and flopped on the ground, grateful for some relief. My back ached, my shoulders ached. My tail somehow. (Macaque had me strengthen it.)

"Up." Macaque poked me in the ribs. I groaned, my ribs aching even worse when he poked me. 

"Fuck off," I muttered but got up anyway, wincing from the pain. "I'm going to be bedridden," I complained.

"Too bad, you have training tomorrow." Macaque chirped.

"Ho." I huffed and went to grab my staff.

My powers had grown past vines, plants, and stick dummies. I could make stone minions and make metal beings, providing that it was left untouched by humans or deities. 

I sighed and picked up my staff. My staff had also evolved. It was longer and had more flowers adorning the shaft. A small green gem floated in the middle with the staff splitting to curve around it. 

I twirled my staff around and tilted my head. When I joined Macaque, a new power called to me. 

Better.

Stronger.

Ancient.

I tapped my staff to the ground and teleported in a flurry of petals. I arrived in the middle of a forest. I sat underneath a tree and made flowers grow. I made flower crowns matching the colors of the sky while the wind rustled through the trees. When the sun was setting, I made the petals the same color, each fading from a blue to an orange and yellow.

By the time I was done, almost thirty crowns we made. With a wave of my hand, they disappeared. I had them go into my room where there was a massive pile of around three hundred crowns in a drawer, all uncrushed and immaculate. 

I wanted to be like those flower crowns. uncrushed, un-dirtied with the actions I had made. I rested my head against the tree trunk, my tan tail swaying back and forth leisurely. 

"To being broken and unfixable," I whispered and held up a flower to the setting sun, turning the sky a beautiful orange-pink.

A/N

These chapters will be shorter until I have more of a storyline. 

Happy reading!

-Fang