Saved

I blink and look at the ginger simian. Wukong was looking right at me. As if he was staring right into my soul. His tail was swishing back nervously.

"Hey, bud." Macaque smirked and leaned up against the wall.

"Wukong? How-? Why?" I stumble over my words, trying to formulate what just happened.

"Uhh. I saw MacBook and Lady Bitch Demon have a little spat and I saw them bring you here." (Credits to Coral 2.0 on YT for the VoiceOver nicknames-) Wukong beamed and looked really proud of himself. 

I snorted at the nickname. "Lady Bitch Demon." I laughed and doubled over. "Whew! Best laugh I've had in this miserable place."

"Glad to hear I could be of use." Wukong bowed and another rumbled surrounded the place.

"Sun Wukong..."

The Lady 'Bitch' Bone Demon hissed.

"Oh shit. That's our cue!" I run out of the room and look back. "Macaque? Are you coming?"

Macaque thought for a minute then followed after me. Wukong had already summoned his cloud and raised a brow when he saw Macaque coming out with me but said nothing.

I helped Macaque up and the cloud zoomed off. I squealed and hung to Macaque out of reflex and then freeze. He looked down at me with a questioning glance but said nothing. I felt something pet my head and I saw that Macaque's tail was petting it.

I looked behind us and saw a bright blue light. "Maybe we should go faster?" I scoot my way over to Wukong.

Wukong looked at me with his gold eyes and smirked. "As the goddess wishes." And suddenly we're going faster than before. The only thing standing still was the cloud, me, Wukong and Macaque. 

Soon we reach Flower Fruit Mountain and I fall to the ground. "OHHH. SWEET, SWEET GROUND!"

Macaque gingerly hopped off the cloud and crouched down by me. "You good?" He asked softly.

"Lady Bitch Demons whore- I mean.. Macaque! Heyyy." I laughed.

"You're fucking weird." Macaque scoffed and walked off.

"Don't take it to heart. He's just.." Wukong helped me up. "I think he's a bit embarrassed that he needed help." 

"Speaking of help," I accept Wukong's hand and brush off my dress. "How did you break into the room?"

Wukong pursed his lips. "I already told you. I saw Macaque and LBD take you and-"

"Yes yes. I know that part." I waved my hand. "But how did you break in? My powers were dampened as soon as I got in proximity."

"Well..." Wukong scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. "I had too pack a few punches to say the least."

I nod and walk around. "I haven't been to this part of Flower Fruit Mountain... Where's the exit?"

"Over here." Macaque called from the shadows. "Also your leaves fell off." 

"Oh!" I rush over to him and hold his arm. "Your fracture seemed to have healed. The leaves fall off when the wound is fully healed."

"It's still sore." Macaque grumbled.

As I fiddled with the now healed arm, Wukong was looking at the two of us with a look of, distain? Jealousy? The look was directed at Macaque in particular. I caught Wukong looking at Macaque like that, and I didn't know what that look meant at the time.

Once I was done reassuring the dark furred simian that his arm was indeed healed and that the leaves had done their job, I stretched and swished my tail.