Ahaha, what-?

I laugh and the sound echos around the room. I stop when I see that Macaque isn't laughing with me. "Ahaha, what-? Lady Bone Demon!?" I start to freak out a bit.

Macaque just sighs and splays his hand, hissing in pain as he does so. "Yeah."

"You uh.. her whore or-"

"WHAT? No! What the fuck?" Macaque glared at me.

"Okay, not actually. But you carry out all her dirty work, blah blah blah..." I open and close my hand.

Macaque scoffs and rolls his eyes. "You figure everything out quickly, don't you?"

"Uh huh. That's what happens when you train a bit under the Great Sage." I bow sarcastically and Macaque slow claps.

"Wow. Congrats. You trained under a narcissist."

"Uhhh.. whaaat? Pshh. Noooo. What do you mean?"

"Wukong only cares about himself. We were good friends but then..." Macaque scowled. "He wanted to be more immortal. He hated every aspect of being mortal. He even went out of his way to erase his name in some fancy death book or something."

"Oh." 'Oh'? Really? That's all you say? I shake my head and my tail swishes. "Doesn't sound like him.."

"Yeah. Maybe it's cause he likes you." Macaque picked something out of his teeth and flicked it away.

"I mean, we are good friends. Kinda." I murmur in thought.

Macaque groaned. "No, not like that. He like likes you."

I freeze and stare at Macaque. "Uhh yeah. Sure." I snort.

Macaque shoots me with a 'Really?' look.

I blink and say nothing. I flop down on the ground with my legs crossed. After I while I take my tail in my hands and fiddle with it. "He does?" I mumble after a few minutes.

Macaque sighs and closes his eyes. He doesn't talk for a while but it's evident he wants to say something. "Yep." He says, popping the 'p'. "Somehow." He mutters and opens an eye.

"Oh, okay. Rude." I flip him off.

After a few minutes the mood seemed to calm down and I sigh. "Why are you in here?"

"Huh?" Macaque looks to me in surprise then blinks. "Oh, I think I didn't do a different job correctly so here I am." He flicks a stone away and his dark furred tail flicks nervously.

"Chaos Creator~" I sang the words and laughed.

Macaque just rolled his eyes but I saw a ghost of a smile tug at the corners of his lips. "Very much so."

The talking stopped there, neither of us knowing what to say. Most of the time it was me trying to start a conversation But every time I opened my mouth to talk, I couldn't formulate words. Macaque would just sit with his eyes closed and his head leaned back. Once in a while he would shift but that was it.

Macaque, I had come to learn, was a quiet and reserved person. The only acknowledgment he would give me was a glare or the flick of the tip of his tail. I groaned and complained for a few hours, definitely making Macaque hate me more.

When I had done nothing for a few hours, I began to feel sleepy. That seemed the only thing that would bring some kind of entertainment. I tried to get comfortable, but that was next to impossible on the musty concrete. I had shifted a few times but nothing was comfortable.

I'm sure that Macaque noticed and ignored me, but it wasn't until my 20th attempt and my complaining that he groaned and snapped at me.

"Just lay here." He muttered and patted his lap.

I looked at him with a raised brow and a teasing expression as I slowly walked to him. "You won't try anything?"

"What? No! I'm not that kind of person." He flushed and looked away. "Just, lay your head there." He mumbled, not looking at me.

"Ohhhkayyyy." I draw out the word and do just that. As I get closer I notice that he's holding his arm protectively and his fur is all ruffled.

"How'd you get hurt?" I murmur and crouch down to examine it.

He hissed and tried to pull the arm away but that just caused him more pain. "Must've been from when the Lady threw me in."

I nod and draw some healing leaves out.

"What are you doing?" Macaque scrambles back and I roll my eyes.

"Gonna help heal your arm. Weirdo. What? Did you think that this was weed or something?" I waved the leaf and chuckle.

Macaque scowls and says nothing. I sigh and scoot closer. "May I?" I ask him.

The dark furred simian gives a slight nod. I press my mouth in a thin line. "Seems like you have a small fracture but that's it." I murmur as I examine his arm. "Can I wrap the leaves around your arm?"

Macaque hesitates then nods. I gingerly wrap the leaves around Macaques arm and use a loose vine from my arm to secure them. Macaque winces but doesn't complain.

After I tie off the vine, I yawn and lean against the wall.

Macaque looks at me with an eyebrow raised. "My offer still stands." He murmured.

I open and eyes and sigh. I lean down and rest my head in his lap. It's surprisingly comfortable. And smells like... plums? I trace a pattern on the ground. "When do you think your 'Lady' will be back?"

Macaque shrugs and closes his eyes. "Whenever she sees fit. We could be here for a while with only each other a company."

"Oh joy." I mutter and curl up.

"Yeah, because I really enjoy spending time with you too." Macaque scoffs and I feel his hand go to his side.

I roll my eyes and I'm about to doze off when there's a slight rumble. I narrow my eyes but Macaque doesn't comment on the rumble so I ignore it. But it happens again. I sit up and look at Macaque. "Is it the Lady Bone Demon?" I ask worriedly.

"You would know if it's her.." Macaque stands up wearily. "Whoever, or whatever this is, is something or someone I don't know."

I'm about to retort when another rumble almost has me fall to my knees. I hold onto the wall for support and stand triumphant when there's a big boom! and I fall to my knees again. I try to look for Macaque but there's dust everywhere. When it settles I see a familiar figure standing in the hole.

"Nice to see you, Ryu." Wukong smiles.