Good Things Start With Coffee

Erin arrived at  the coffee shop, pretty much on time. She found a good spot right up front which was weird on a Saturday, at this hour. She pulled up and waited for the traffic to drive by so she could get out. Once it did, she ran around quickly to get out of the street.

She walked up the small three stairs and saw to her right a dark haired, tan, tall man walking up the walk away. "Oh hey Taylor." She said surprised to see him. She had expected to walk in, order her coffee and wait for him for a while, and him apolizseing for being late. Like a lot of men who do what he does. 

"Hey." He said, happly. "I wasn't expecting to see you here like this."

She smiled to him and said, "Honestly.. Me neither." 

They both laughed and Taylor walked up to the door and opened it, gesturing her to go in. 

"Thank you." She said, and they both walked up to counter together. 

The barista came up to them. "What can I get you?"

Erin looked at Taylor, "You go first." Taylor said. 

"Medium Cold Brew."

The barista turned to Taylor. "For you." 

"Same." Erin reached out her wallet to pay. "On me." Taylor said.  The Barista took his card, swiped it, gave it back to him and went to make their coffees. Erin and Taylor just stood there for a minute while he was making them. "Did you have a good morning so far?" Asked Erin.

"Yes. I went for a run in the park."

"Oh, me too."

"Which park?"

"Echo." She said. 

Taylor smiled. "Yeah? Me too." 

Erin looked surprised. "I didn't see you there."

"I don't think I saw you either. Oh, wait-- do you anyways wear purple shoes?" He teased.

She looked away playfully embarrassed. 

"Two medium Cold Brews." 

"Thank you." They both said and found a table. "Don't be embarrassed. I thought you looked good." He said, trying to not come off as too forward.

She looked at him. "Thank you. They're very comfortable." 

"And stylish. At least to me." 

"Well someone finally appreciates them?" 

"Your friends don't like them?" 

She shook her head and sipped her coffee. 

"Well, like I said, I like them." 

She smiled, "So, where you from? What do you do? And why were you at that party?"

He sipped his own coffee and looked at her surprised. It was the most she had talked since he knew her and he quested it was the writer in her that wanted to know all this. "Originally Chicago. I'm an actor and I was just at the party to meet people to make connections for future acting roles, but since sag is on strike, I can't do that."

"Oh, cool, I'm from the Mid-west, too. And that's cool that you're in SAG already. I know some actors who can't even get roles that would make them elable. Not to make you feel bad, but I know you looked familiar, but I can't place you. What have you been in that I might know of."

"Yeah, umm... The Kissing Booth 2. Minx, Maybe." 

"Oh, I've heard of those. Never seen them. Sorry. I haven't been watching much media since I started my book." 

"You wrote a book?"

"Yeah."

"Is that why you were at the party?"

"Yeah." She said taking another sip. 

"And I take it you didn't really want to be?"

"Yes." She said uneasy, not liking to admit that it was hard to be social. Nowadays. 

He reached out a hand in comfort. "At least you put yourself out there." She looked at him. nodded and didn't for the first time want to swat it away from someone she barely knew. But he was comforting and she wasn't as nervous around him as other guys she's dated before. Not that this was a date. He smiled before slowly taking his hand away. "Hey do you want to get out of here?" 

"Sure." She said, always wishing someone would say that to her. 

Taylor got up and took his coffee and walked towards the front door of the cafe and opened it for her two other people walked through before Erin got to the door. With her bag and coffee, she walked out with Taylor. "Should I  follow you in my car or," 

"Actually, I thought we'd go in mine." Erin nodded, thankfully it wasn't metered parking in front of the cafe. "Okay, let's go." She said going over to Taylor's car right behind hers. He unlocked the car door for her and ran around the other side as traffic was going for now, started it up and pulled out and drove towards the direction he wanted to go.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed the chapter. If you didn't the next one will be good, I promise. I also hope you all are having a good week and have a good weekend-Dreamcast