₀₁₁

⎯⎯in the harrington blood!

It's agreed on that Jonathan and Joyce would take Will to Hopper's secret cabin in the woods that he now lived at to try and burn the Mind Flayer's hold out of Will. Morgan was torn between concern and anger — worry for her best friend and the boiling anger at the reminder that Hopper had kept Eleven from her — and, by extension, Max — for all this time she had spent searching.

"Take Denfield, then you'll see a large oak tree," Hopper was saying as he rushed out of the door, following after Jonathan with Joyce behind him. Will, bundled up in a blanket and still unconscious, was slumped in his grip as Hopper carried him out to the car. "You're going to swing a right—"

The door swung shut and Hopper's voice became muffled. Morgan stared at it for a long while, vaguely aware that Nancy, Steve, and Mike did the same.

"Hey, you okay?" Max asked, fingers brushing against Morgan's as she came to her side.

Morgan blinked and glanced down at their hands that hung close together before meeting ocean eyes. "Yeah." She paused, trying to get her thoughts together. "I'm fine," she added afterwards.

Max rolled her eyes. "Yeah, okay," she said, clearly not believing her at all. "...They'll be fine," she tried to comfort.

"I—" Morgan stopped, biting her lip. "Yeah, yeah, you're right. They'll be fine."

Max squinted at her.

The front door opened, stopping Max from saying whatever it was she was preparing to say and Hopper stomped in, the sound of a car rumbling to life outside. Eleven approached her soulmates from the back, clearing her throat softly to not startle them.

They both turned towards her and Morgan tensed up at the apologetic dark eyes that flickered between her and Max. "...I don't like this," Max deadpanned, crossing her arms.

"Took the words right out of my mouth, Mayfield," Morgan grumbled, mirroring her pose.

Eleven sighed quietly. "It will be okay."

"You don't know that," Morgan countered, voice strained.

Eleven frowned at her. "I have to do this."

"No, you don't," Morgan argued, though she knew it wasn't true.

Eleven clearly knew this too. "Morgan," she said, almost long sufferingly.

"I—" Max started suddenly before pausing. "I...don't know you very well," she admitted, gruff. "But...you're my soulmate." She stood there, silent and narrowed her eyes at Eleven for a long moment. "...Do what you have to do," she stated. "Then you come back. To us."

"I will," Eleven said, nodding.

She stepped forward and drew Max in for a long hug before she let go and turned towards Morgan, doing the same. Morgan clung to the feeling of Eleven in her arms again before she reluctantly let go. Eleven stared at them both, at her two soulmates in front of her before her composure steeled and she began to walk towards where Hopper was waiting on her.