₀₀₉

⎯⎯what it means to be dead!

"So, let me get this straight," Mike started after Morgan finished explaining her vision to them that she had of Will a couple of days ago. "You had a vision of Will being taken by a...monster—"

"Demogorgon," Dustin interjected.

"And you didn't think to tell us?" Mike continued, ignoring Dustin.

Morgan rubbed her forehead with the hand Eleven wasn't holding — Eleven had latched onto her hand when she had began to describe the monster and hadn't let go since — and sighed heavily. "I just...I had hoped it wasn't real," she admitted. "Like a fever or lucid dream. It was cold that night so maybe I had started to get sick or something."

"Maybe it was a fever dream," Lucas said. "I mean, a monster that just snatched Will in the dead of night? Really?"

"Yeah, and a girl who can move things with her mind and another who can dream the future/present is really believable," Mike scoffed.

"He has a point," Dustin pointed out. "I mean, maybe there is a monster on the loose..."

Lucas shook his head. "I don't care what it is or who it is — we just need to find Will."

They glanced between each other before nodding in agreement.

"We'll bring Will home," Morgan said. "El can probably find him and then we can—"

Her voice cut off abruptly.

Flashes burst to life behind her eyelids.

Short red hair.

Cracked glasses.

Blood and goo and grime slick on skin.

A voice shouting for someone who couldn't hear them.

Ash for snow and a cold air like ice.

A voice screaming and screaming and screaming to know where they are.

A growl, deep and low and menacing.

Legs moving.

Feet hitting concrete.

𝖣̷𝗈̷𝗇̷'̷𝗍̷ ̷𝗒̷𝗈̷𝗎̷ ̷𝗁̷𝖾̷𝖺̷𝗋̷ ̷𝗂̷𝗍̷?̷

They need help.

𝖧̷𝖾̷𝖺̷𝗋̷ ̷𝗂̷𝗍̷ ̷𝖼̷𝗈̷𝗆̷𝗂̷𝗇̷𝗀̷ ̷𝖿̷𝗈̷𝗋̷ ̷𝗒̷𝗈̷𝗎̷𝗋̷ ̷𝖻̷𝗅̷𝗈̷𝗈̷𝖽̷,̷ ̷𝖡̷𝖺̷𝗋̷𝖻̷𝖺̷𝗋̷𝖺̷?̷