₀₁₅

⎯⎯on the run!

⎯⎯on the run!

"El," Morgan warned.

"Morgan," Eleven copied.

Morgan shot her an unimpressed stare, sighing as Eleven squirmed in place as Morgan dried to wipe away the dirt on her soulmate's face. Morgan huffed and grabbed Eleven's chin firmly, tilting her head down again so she could reach the grime smeared along her forehead. Eleven scowled at her in open disdain as Morgan studiously ignored the pouty looks the taller was shooting her.

Morgan finally leaned back slightly, tilting Eleven's head side to side before deeming her face clean. "There, all better."

Eleven sighed heavily as Morgan stepped away.

Morgan scoffed. "It wasn't that bad, princess, stop sulking." Eleven squinted at her and the cabinet door in the bathroom opened, smacking her lightly in the shoulder. She frowned at her soulmate. "Now that was just rude."

Eleven simply crossed her arms.

Morgan rolled her eyes and tossed the paper towel into the trash can, turning around to see Eleven now staring in the mirror, fingers lightly touching her short hair. Morgan's eyes softened and she stepped forward. "Still pretty?" Eleven asked.

"Always pretty," Morgan answered.

Eleven smiled and turned towards her, stepping close. Morgan tilted her head, watching as her soulmate reached out, fingertips brushing against her cheek. "Cute," Eleven breathed out.

Morgan fought back a blush. "I am not cute," she argued. "I am someone to fear. I carry around a knife and can beat up people twice my size. I am...I am," she stuttered as Eleven traced her bottom lip. "'m not cute," she finished lamely.

A small smirk flitted across Eleven's face.

Morgan's breath hitched as Eleven leaned closer.

"Guys!" Dustin yelled as he barged in.

Morgan jolted backwards away from Eleven, who also jumped but then looked on in annoyance.

Dustin glanced at the two before deciding he didn't want to know. "Lucas is talking to us," he explained and hurried back.

Morgan shared a look with Eleven before they both surged forward out the bathroom where Mike was holding a walkie-talkie, Dustin by his side. Lucas' voice came through crackly and distorted, none of them able to understand the words.

"Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down. We can't understand you," Mike said.

Lucas respond, words slurred together.

Dustin leaned back, confused. "'Mad hen'. Does that mean anything to you? Like a code name or something?"

"The bad men are coming!"