₀₁₂

⎯⎯in the dark tunnels!

"We're not gonna take it! No, we ain't gonna take it! We're not gonna take it anymore—"

Morgan bopped her head to the music pouring out of Billy's car, practically shaking it with the bass. Max gripped the steering wheel tightly in the driver's seat, committing grand theft auto like it's just a regular Tuesday. Steve was still groaning in the back seat, sprawled out on Dustin, Lucas, and Mike's laps, all of them holding onto him for dear life.

"We've got the right to choose, and! There ain't no way we'll lose it! This is our life, this is our song!"

"I 'ke 'tis one," Morgan tried to communicate, turning her head so her cheek was pressed against the seat, staring at Max, who weaved in and out of the minimal traffic terrifyingly.

"What?" Max asked, glancing briefly at her soulmate, who looked a little too much to the left to truly be looking her in the eyes.

Morgan just giggled instead of repeating.

"'m so in 've with youuuuu," Morgan sung out.

"Huh?"

Morgan made a face at her. "'mmm so in l- 've— love with—"

"Max, watch out!" Lucas called out and Max snapped her head up from where she was unknowing staring at Morgan and veered to the right when she realized she was in the opposite lane, a car flying down the road, honking at them as they zoomed by.

"Oh my god, you're worse than Nancy's driving," Mike groaned out.

"Shut up, Wheeler, I'm concentrating!"

"Yeah, concentrating on Morgan's face!"

"—fight the powers that be, just! Don't pick on our destiny, 'cause! You don't know us, you don't belong!"

"Morgan," Max tried and Morgan hummed a little. "Baby, look at the map, where am I supposed to go?"

Morgan huffed before she looked down at the map in her lap and narrowed her eyes at it. "I 've no idea!" she stated happily.

"Oh my god," Mike groaned again.

"See, I knew it! I knew someone else should've been in the front seat!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Shut up, stalker!" Max snapped and then glanced at Morgan again. "Honey, what do you mean you have no idea?"

"I can't see 'r shit!" Morgan answered, sounding proud of herself.

"If I was up there, I could've handled the directions!" Lucas argued.

"You three are barely holding onto Steven as it is!" Max countered.

"Steven," Morgan repeating before snorting and going into a fit of laughter like it was the funniest thing she's ever heard before.

"Yeah, well—"