Chapter Two: Meeting their Mate

Kiara's POV
I wake up to my alarm at 6 am.I begrudgingly get out of bed and head to the shower. Once done in the shower, I dry my hair and leave it down. I chose a comfortable first day outfit and grabbed my white air forces before grabbing my bag and heading downstairs. I decided to make eggs and toast for breakfast and some tea. Once done with breakfast, I grab my stuff and get in the car. My mom surprised me with my own jeep. The downside is that i need a step ladder to get in. Once im safely in my jeep, I pull out the driveway and start my way to school using the directions mom gave me. As I'm driving, I realize I pulled up behind the people who must live on that dirt road. There's three cars. A jeep like mine, a silver Volvo and a red convertible. Must be the rich kids or something. I keep following them until we get to school. I pull up next to a red van and use the step ladder to get down. Walking to the entrance, I can feel eyes on me, and it's making me nervous. Everyone is staring. There's also the family that I was following behind on my way. They look almost nervous for me to come near them. Two of them stick out. A tall mountain of a man with short brown hair and golden eyes, then next to him, is another tall man with long curly blonde hair and golden eyes. They both seem to be looking at me with love and adoration. It makes me a little nervous but also seems to calm me down from everyone staring. I continue my way to the entrance until a boy with brown hair stops me and grabs my arm. "Hey there, little cutie. You must be the new girl, ya? I'm Eric, eyes and ears of this place." I try to ignore him as I try to walk away, but he tightens his grip on my arm. I could've sworn I heard two deep growls when he grabbed my arm. I immediately start panicking because of flashbacks of my dad as he grips my arm tightly. I look towards the two who seemed to calm me down and try to beg with my eyes to save me. I may not know them, but they make me feel safe. 'Please, please help. I'm scared.' I mentally plead with them, hoping they somehow hear me. Little did I know one of their siblings did.

Jaspers POV
Our mate looks absolutely breathtaking and adorable. She'll barely come up to our chests. As she's walking, I can feel her emotions. She's nervous, but when she looks towards Emmett and I, she calms down. It's almost like she can feel the bond. I hope she does. It'd make things easier to explain. As she continues walking, that human Eric stops her and grabs her arm. I can immediately feel her start to panic, and I try to calm her, but she's too far. I look towards Edward. "Please tell me you can read her mind. I know she's panicking, but I can't calm her yet. Tell me what you hear, please, Edward." He looks towards her but grimaced. Then he growled lowly. "She's having flashbacks. Of her abusive father. She can't seem to stop remembering when he grabbed her like that and threw her into a wall. He almost broke her spine in half. Luckily, it was just slightly fractured, and she healed. But she's calling out for you both in her mind. Like she knows you'll protect her or something. You have to go over before it gets worse. Both of you, quickly." Emmett and I growl as he details her abuse. We look over at our sweet mate and immediately both start walking over. Eric pales when he sees us. In fear or intrigue, we'll never know. But Kiara almost immediately calms down from her panic. "You must be Kiara, correct? I'm Jasper, and this is Emmett. I believe we live down the road from each other. Would you like us to show you around?" She immediately nods her head and tries to remove her arm. Eric tightens his grip. "You're actually interrupting something, Cullens. Why don't you walk away, hmm?" I internally growl at him. Kiara immediately starts to panic again. She starts shaking, so Emmett immediately pulls her away from Eric and up into his arms. She wraps her legs around his waist and buries her face into his neck. Emmett smirks as he walks her away towards our siblings. Alice and Rosalie immediately surround him, trying to help calm her. Kieran grabs the sweatshirt we brought her. It's Emmetts, so it'll be huge, but hopefully, his scent calms her. He hands it to Emmett. He pulls it over her head and arms. I was right it absolutely swamps her, but it makes her look even more adorable. Emmett lets his arms tighten around her as he whispers sweet words into her ear, trying to calm her. Only my siblings and I can hear him. "Shhh, little one, it's okay. Jas and I won't let him hurt you. Calm down, cutie. It's okay. Just calm down for me. Come on, little mate, calm down." Slowly but surely as Rosalie rubs her back, Kiara calms down. Emmett keeps one arm under her legs as the other runs through her hair. I turn to Eric and whisper yell. "Do you not understand that you pushed her into a panic attack grabbing her like that?!? You could have caused serious damage. In fact, you're lucky we came over when we did. Now walk away and matter a fact stay away from her." He quickly sees I'm serious and speed walks away. After he's gone, I turn towards Emmett and our little mate. "Little one, are you alright now?" Kiara looks up at me and slowly nods. I smile at her as she pulls away from Emmett and whispers, "Thank you. I would have passed out from that panic attack if you didn't calm me down. I'm Kiara. I just moved in yesterday. It's nice to meet you both." We smile at her as Emmett says, "Let's go get your schedule, little one." She blushes but nods as she hides her head in Emmetts neck. Turning toward our siblings, I see them watching us with love and happiness, probably for us finding and talking with our mate. But who knows. Edward looks at me and nods quickly. I smirk, but don't say anything about him reading my thoughts. We lead our beautiful mate to the office and get her schedule. I look over her shoulder and see we have all our classes with her. Emmett and I that is. She has Rosalie and Kieran in three classes. Lucas in two and Alice in one. Alice pouts at this but says. "Well, that's alright. We can all sit together at lunch. We'll be the best of friends. You me and Rosalie." Kiara nods shyly still in Emmetts arms. "OK, little monkey gonna have to put you down now." Emmett says as he gently lets her down on the ground. Kiara pouts but stays close to him. "Cuddles later?" She whispers shyly. Emmett and I both beam at her as I say. "Of course, little darling. You can come to our house and we'll give you all the cuddles you want. Now, let's get to class." Kiara smiles at us as we start to head towards her first period class, history. Which she has with both Emmett and I. Kiara grabs a hold of my hand and arm as she partially hides herself from view. Smiling down at my mate in awe, I knock on Mr. Morano's door. Once he calls enter, we walk in, and the class immediately goes silent. Probably not used to seeing us with people not in our family. But they can look all they want, we don't pay any attention as I guide Kiara to the teachers desk. "My apologies, Mr Morano. We were just escorting the new student to the office and then here." He tries to look at Kiara, but she hides her face in my shoulder, uncomfortable due to all the attention. "Ms Santos, I presume?" With a nod, he continues. "A pleasure to have you in class with us. You may join Emmett and Jasper in the back row of seats. Here's your book and the class syllabus." Kiara smiles shyly as we head to our seats.

*outfit from chapter above*