Chapter 8- Friend?

My eyes open and it feels like I’ve been hit with a bag of bricks. Looking around I see I’m in a chair. I try to get up, only to find my hands are tied with some strong rope. If only Lisa was here with me. LISA! Where is she? Did Travis do something to her? Would he really hurt his cousin? SLAM.

Travis walks in and he does not look happy. “Where’s Lisa?” I demand. “Safe, I’d never hurt a family member of mine, I just needed her to get to you.” He smiles. “Now, time to send a message to your father.” There’s a camera stand in the corner of the room. Travis walks over to grabs it, places it in front of me; he then places his phone into the phone holder slot. “Ok princess, here’s what we’re going to do-” “I told you, I’m not doing anything for you.” Quicker than I can blink he’s in front of me harshly grabbing my chin. He puts his mouth next to my ear and stays still for a moment; I can feel his warm breath. My heart is racing and I know he can hear it. He finally speaks.

“I am in control of your life right now and could easily end it. When I say listen you listen. Understand?” I don’t speak. He moves back and forcefully shakes my chin. I want to stay silent but the way he’s gripping my chin is starting to hurt. “Alright!” “Good, I’m going to set this camera up and then I’m going to write down lines and you're going to read them.” I can’t do anything but nod. “I’ll be back in a minute, be a good girl for me.” I grimace. He walks out the door and it softly closes behind him. I hate him, I hate him so much. The door opens again and I expect to see Travis but it’s just a guard. “Come to rough me up before my photoshoot?” He closes the door, and walks over to me. “You could at least tell me how you’re going to torture me, I deserve that much.” He’s in front of me now; I close my eyes bracing for a slap, but none comes. Instead, he unties me. I rub my wrists. “Get up.”  “I know your job is to guard me, but I am not going with you without a fight.” As soon as I finish that sentence my wrists are clasped together and I’m being pulled toward the door. “Owww, that hurts.”

He stops and peers outside the door, almost like he’s checking to see if it’s safe. “Hey, where are you taking me?”