Sandy had become Qi Xiaotian's main babysitter after all. Wukong could often leave MK at the man's home for the two to paint and color all day. It was rather intimidating when Wukong first agreed to such a notion. From one hour to three, even all day when he had to gather the tribe, he left his cub with Sandy. Of course, Sandy was always thorough in caring for his son, and his son was always so happy when he returned.

This gave Wukong more time than he knew what to do with. He spent most of it with Tang and Pigsy when he wasn't fixing up the temple. They hung out, chatted about sports, and had even gotten Wukong a phone- spending a whole babysitting session just to show him how to use it.

And then quickly regretting it when Wukong swarmed their chats with pictures of MK at every given hour of the day.

Pigsy would watch Tang tapping away on his phone, feeling his own buzz in his pocket just to end his work shift and see the two had sent over 100 texts just to gush about the child or something dumb- like a Monkey King Game.

It made him have to turn off his phone completely just to have some peace during the day.

"Alright, I'm closing the shop," Pigsy spoke up around 3 P.M., knowing they still had to prepare for the kid's birthday party. Heading over to the sign he flipped the sign to close. Sandy was watching him, pausing in his coloring with MK to gather his things- taking it as a cue to leave.

"Well, I should get going then." Sandy mused, not wishing to overstay his welcome. Tang and Pigsy turned sharply to Wukong, eyeing him. The Father flinched, eyes wide and knowing exactly what they wanted. Especially since he had admitted to them that he wasn't quite sure how to approach Sandy on the concept of being...friends. Currently, they were like clients and workers- the parent and babysitter. There was a sort of workplace boundary between them in a weird way that Wukong wasn't sure how to push past. He didn't want to continue to steal all of Sandy's time with his friends just so he could watch his son.

Tang and Pigsy crane their heads towards their blue friend insistently, whispering for Wukong to say something.

"Oh Um... Sandy, wait..!" He called, catching his attention. The large blue man turned around, startled "Would you like to- uh, stick around? For the party? I know MK would love it if you did."

Sandy's eyes widen, "I wouldn't want to impose or anything." he scratches the back of his head, ducking it a little to smile at Wukong. "Would it really be alright?"

"Yes yes, of course." Wukong nodded quickly. It felt awkward, but he truly did wish for Sandy to stay. MK absolutely adored him, and Wukong couldn't deny he also wished to have a similar bond with him- like he did Tang and Pigsy.

"Thanks, Mr. Wukong." Sandy grinned. Still so formal when referring to the man. He settled his bag back down, "I'd be happy to help set up."

"You can start by getting the stuff from upstairs," Pigsy says, who had already long since begun preparations for the cake before the shop had even closed. "Mind grabbing it?"

"Sure thing!" Sandy gushed, rushing upstairs in pursuit of the party decorations.

MK watched Sandy go, getting off his chair to find someone else to play with. He chose Pigsy for his play partner- mostly because he enjoyed being Pigsy's little "Chef assistant".

"Get your apron first." Pigsy gestured to it. It hung on a wall where he often put his. It was a baby blue color, hanging just a little lower than Pigsy's so MK could easily reach it. The two-year-old waddled over to take it off the hook, putting it over his head and struggling to tie the back. Tang knelt down beside him to help. "Can't believe the kid is turning two already." Pigsy shook his head, amazed. "So he was really born on the solar eclipse?"