Peeking at his son from time to time, Wukong brushed the fur dangling in front of his eyes. The sun bore down on them both and Wukong took some time to make a few standing umbrellas to line against the path to shield his baby in the cooling shade.

"Looking great buddy," he settled his hands on his knees, looking over at his son. He was laying on his stomach, still doodling away. The chimp rolled over, chirping. They hadn't transferred the tribe just yet, so coloring seemed to be the only fun activity MK could do while his Father worked. Wukong preferred at least a little cleaned up before he dragged the gaggle of monkeys over here to get into everything. It was hard enough watching MK sometimes.

After some hours Wukong knew that Xiaotian was probably getting bored being cooped up at home all day. "Wanna go out?" he asked, already knowing his son was eager for another adventure. As predicted, the boy leaped upward with a chirp of agreement. He was stumbling back to the house to pull at the bag Wukong left hanging on the door. Their "going out" bag. "Ee. Ee!" he tugged until it slipped off, making him fall back in a heap.

"Careful." Wukong mused. "Now..." he tapped his chin, turning to stare at the empty space ahead of him in debate. He had decided to try the whole, stroller thing . With the image in his mind, Wukong made one with his hair. It easily formed before them both, glistening. Xiaotian was approaching with an air of wonder, pointing to it. "Yup, it's for you." Wukong says. With his child's back to him, Wukong frowned. Carefully, making sure not to make any noise, he reached for his head. He was plucking some fur off. With the quietest blow of air he transformed the strand into bright red shoes.

He bent his knees, eyes narrowed in quiet determination.

His child slowly turned, sensing a change in the air- and odd tension.... "..." he eyed his father, then the shoes.

"Qi." his father said sternly.

The child burst into a sprint, shrieking loudly!

The Monkey King was in hot pursuit, "They protect your feet Qi! The city has all kinds of litter and glass and gum! It's so hard to get gum out of fur!"

"NoooooOO!" Qi Xiaotian learned a new word recently.

After a quick chase, Wukong wrestled his child down long enough to tie the shoes firmly on his feet. "And-!"He plopped the kid inside his stroller, buckling him in and rushing to hand him Ke to calm his boy down. Xiaotian's face screamed "betrayal" as he clung to his only friend in the world. Wukong spent the next few minutes trying to coax the child's forgiveness with snacks and peaches, praising the boy for being so good in getting his shoes on.

It eventually worked and they took to the town.

It was nice just going on walks like this. Plus, it gave Xiaotian a chance to adjust his ears to the noise. Attaching their glamors the moment they left the temple grounds, they merged into the traffic of human lives.

Xiaotian was leaning forward in the stroller, patting his hands against the small little table that was placed over his lap to keep him from falling right out. The day was clear and bright, perfect to view the city in its splendor. Peaceful, the mundane lives of mortals continued on. Time was always pushing forward.

When one thing ended, another kept going. Wukong's journey with his Master and his friends had come to its conclusion centuries ago- Yet, the lives of those three were still going, if not in a different sort of way.

He too, was living a strikingly different route then the one he had assumed for himself. He was convinced he would be King of Flower Fruit Mountain forever, taking his mate as his second King. There they would rest and live in ease, venturing out only when Wukong wished to test and sharpen his skills.