Beginning of the End

She waited and waited, but of course. Her sister was late again. She groaned in frustration and thought about just ditching her. That wouldn't be fair. She is always late. Hyun-Ok slumped down in a chair as she watched her mother pour herself a cup of coffee.

"Hyun, sweetie, where's your sister?" Her mother asks her, not as stern as she usually is.

Hyun shrugs and glances at the clock. "Fucking late as usual."

Her father...no. Her step-dad sighed and turned to Hyun. "Then fucking get her! Common sense!"

"Don't fucking talk to her like that."

All three set of eyes turned to see Hyun's older sister walking down with her school supplies. Hyun stood up and walked over to her sister. Mi-jin pulled her close and glared at her step-dad, earning a glare in return from her mother.

"Let's go, sis." Mi-jin scowls at her parents before pulling Hyun along. Hyun followed her older sister and sighed. Looking up at Mi-jin, she saw the girl was already taking a pack of cigarettes and lighting one.

"Can I have one?" Hyun asked as Mi-jin took a long drag.

The older girl shook her head and exhaled. "No, you're too young."

"I'm, like, 16! Besides, you're 19!" Hyun retorts angrily.

Mi-jin shrugs as they hurried along to school as to not be late.

Of course, their attempts were futile. The girls were always late. Mi-jin turned to her sister and looked at her questioningly. "Where's your fucking backpack?"

Hyun glanced up at her older sister before realizing she forgot her back pack. "Shit!" She groans in frustration as her sister smirks.

"And you always complain about me being late," Mi-jin scoffs as Hyun rolls her eyes.

The pair wrote their names on the paper once they showed up to school. Once they seperated, Hyun walked into her class and sat down next to Nam-ra.

"Prez," Hyun whispered. Nam-ra only rolled her eyes.

"I have a name; use it," she mumbled and pointed to the name on her paper.

Hyun glanced at her name, and then up at Nam-ra, grinning. "I'd rather call you Prez. It's you, isn't it, Class President?"

"Why are you so annoying?" Nam-ra mumbles and turns back to her work.

Hyun and Nam-ra never really had the best relationship. Hyun was always making fun of her and teasing her, and Nam-ra couldn't stand her. Hyun always had a tendency to bully other kids. Nam-ra would never understand, but it makes sense if Mi-jin is her older sister, but even so, the taller girl barely knows anything about the Park Sisters.

"Come on guys." The teacher sighs as she walks in the class and takes her spot at the front. "Take your seats. Come on, move it."

The class greeted her, but Hyun remained silent with Nam-ra. The teacher was a bit irritated, but she was also very patient and understanding when it comes to her students. That's just how Miss Park was.

"Time to hand-in your phones." Ms. Park orders gently and everyone obeys. Hyun set her phone inside her desk after she silenced the ringer. Once everyone took their spots, Ms. Park continued. "Who's in touch with Hyeon-ju?" The class was silent. Nobody answered. Ms. Park sighed in frustration and worry. "Nobody?" Again, nobody answered. "So none of you have tried calling her today?"

"Why would we?" Hyun scoffs and looks out the window. "She's a bully and she deserves to be dead. Probably is."

"Hyun-Ok!" Ms. Park scolds, but Hyun doesn't cower under her gaze. She just stares out the window.