Chapter 13: It was who?

En başından başla

"So, that's it, the Stone is gone and Flamel's going to die?" asked Rhea, trying to get the image of voldemord off of her mind.

"That's what I said, but Dumbledore thinks that - what was it? - 'to well-organized mind death is but the next great adventure.'"

"I always said he was off his rocker," said Ron and Rhea nodded in agreement.

"So what happened to you three?" said Harry and the curly girl let out a chuckle.

"Well, we got back all right," said Hermione.

"I rode a broom carrying Ronald with me," smirked Rhea and Ron glare at her. "Then we were dashing to the owlery to contact Dumbledore but..."

"We met him in the entrance hall - he already knew- he just said, ' Harry's gone after him, hasn't he?' and hurtled off to the third floor." finished Hermione.

"Yeah, by the way, I didn't like the way he said that to us, almost as if it was something he wanted to happened." huffed Rhea.

"Yeah, I mean sending your father's cloak and everything?" added Ron.

"Well," Hermione exploded, "if he did - I mean to say - that's terrible - you could have been killed."

"No, it isn't," said Harry thoughtfully. "He's a funny man, Dumbledore. I think he sort of wanted to give me a chance. I think he knows more or less everything that goes on here, you know. I reckon he had a pretty good idea we were going to try, and instead of stopping us, he just taught us enough to help. I don't think it was an accident he let me find out how the mirror worked. It's almost like he thought I had the right to face Voldemort if I could...."

"Yeah, Dumbledore's off his rocker, all right," said Ron proudly, but Rhea was not convinced. "Listen, you've got to be up for the end-of-year feast tomorrow. The points are all in and Slytherin won, of course - you missed the last Quidditch match, we were steamrollered by Ravenclaw without you - but the food'll be good."

At that moment, Madam Pomfrey bustled over.

"You've had nearly fifteen minutes, now OUT" she said firmly.

"But Poppy!!!!" whined Rhea as Madam Pomfrey pushed her throught the door.

The next day came and it was time for the end-of-year feast. Rhea was sitting across from Ron and Hermione when the hall suddendly went silent. She rolled her eyes knowing that Harry was the one who had just arrive.

Harry took a seat across from Ron, next to Rhea who gave him a beaming smile, but the boy was still nervous trying to ignore the fact that everybody was looking at him.

In an attempt to help him calm down, she interwined her pinky with his, their cloaks hiding their hands. This was somenthing her family usually did for her when she got nervous, so she thought it could help her friend. Harry was taken aback from her sudden action, but did not recoil at it, finding it comforting.