Chapter 8: Gifts

Christmas was coming, and with it the dreadful day where Rhea would have to go home and face the rage of Aunt 'Meda and Uncle Moony.

One morning in mid-December, Hogwarts woke to find itself covered in several feet of snow. The lake frozen solid and much to the amusement of Rhea, the twins were punished for bewitching several snowballs so that they followed Quirrell around, bouncing off the back of his turban.

Rhea found herself a lot around Hagrid as she was helping him and learning how to nurse the poor owls that managed to battle their way through the stormy sky to deliver mail before they could fly again. While doing that, she came across Hedwig, Harry's owl which had taken a liking to the girl, as well as befriended Hermes. Both of the owls were perched on her shoulders.

"Yer have a natural talent with animals Rhe' " Hagrid frequently praise the girl.

"Thanks Hagrid, but talent is nothing without nourishing it. I learnt a lot from you, you're an amazing Professor." said Rhea smiling sweetly at a blushing Hagrid.

" said Rhea smiling sweetly at a blushing Hagrid

Everyone was excited for the holidays to start... well, everyone except for Rhea. While the Gryffindor common room and the Great Hall had roaring fires, the drafty corridors had became icy, and the bitter wind rattle the windows in the classrooms. Rhea wasn't so uncomfortable like everybody else; she enjoyed the chilly weather, but she had to admit that Professor Snape's classroom, down in the dungeons was freezing. Everybody kept as close as possible to their hot cauldrons.

"I do feel so sorry," said Draco Malfoy, on one Potions class, "for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home."

Rhea knew this was directed at Harry. Malfoy had been even more of a prick since the Quidditch match, trying to look down at Harry every time he had the chance, just to be ignore by everyone except for his goons and some Slytherin girl. But Rhea was starting to have enough of his tauntery about Harry's family.

It was true that Harry would stay at Hogwarts, but Ron and his brothers will too because their parents were planning to visit Charlie, who works in Romania, so at least Harry will not be alone. On the other hand Hermione and Rhea were going back to their homes on the holidays.

Before they left the doungeons at the end of the Potions class, Rhea had discreetly casted a spell on Malfoy's laces so they would tangle, making him trip over Crabbe and Goyle. Rhea left the scene with a smirk on her face, before she could get caught and given detention. She quickly caught up to her friends. She found them standing at the entrance of the Great Hall, a large tree was blocking the corridor ahead. Two enormous feet sticking out at the bottom and a loud puffing sound told them that Hagrid was behind it.

"Hi, Hagrid, want any help?" Ron asked, sticking his head through the branches.

"Nah, I'm all right, thanks, Ron."

"Would you mind moving out of the way?" Malfoy's voice came from behind them. "Are you trying to earn some extra money, Weasley? Hoping to be gatekeeper yourself when you leave Hogwarts, I suppose- that hut Hagrid's must seem like a palace compared to what your family's used to"