Chapter 12: Through the Trapdoor

Start from the beginning

"Go to Madam Pomphrey" Hermione suggested.

"I don't think she cant help much with Harry's scar 'Mione." said Rhea, "besides I don't think there is somethig wrong with him. I think that it could be a warning"

"Exactly, it means danger's coming...." breath Harry.

But itseemed that Ron couldn't get worked up due to the hot weather.

"Harry, Rhee, relax. Hermione's right, the Stone's safe as long as Dumbledore's around. Anyway, we've never had any proof Snape found out how to get past Fluffy. He nearly had his leg ripped off once, he's not going to try it again in a hurry. And Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid lets Dumbledore down- OUCH what was that for?" He glared at Rhea who had smacked his head.

"No need to be rude to Neville, Ronald."

Harry still looked troubled.

"That's just the exams. I woke up last night and was half through my Transfiguration notes before I remembered we'd done that one." said Hermione.

"I almost hexed her for waking me up." said Rhea nonchantly.

They were silent, until Harry suddenly jumped to his feet.

"What happened? Where're you going?" asked Rhea.

"I've just thought of something," said Harry, he was pale. "We've got to go and see Hagrid, now."

"Why?" panted Hermione, hurrying to keep up.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd," said Harry in front of them, scrambling up the grassy slope, "that what Hagrid wants more than anything else is a Dragon, and a stranger turns up who just happens to have an egg in his pocket? How many people wander around with dragon eggs if it's against wizard law? Lucky they found Hagrid, don't you think? Why didn't I see it before?"

"Bloody hell! How can I be so stupid."

"What are you two talking about?" said Ron, but Rhea and Harry didn't answer as they were already sprinting across the grounds towards the forest.

Hagrid was sitting in an armchair outside his house; his trousers and sleeves were rolled up, and he was shelling peas onto a large bowl.

"Hullo," he said, smiling. "Finished yer exams? Got time fer a drink?"

"Yes, please," said Ron, but Harry cut him off.

"No, we're in a hurry. Hagrid, I've got to ask you something. You know that night you won Norbert? What did the stranger you were playing cards with look like?"

"Dunno," said Hagrid casually, "he wouldn' take his cloak off."

"Hagrid!" Rhea had a stunned look on face and this made Hagrid raise his eyebrows.

"It's not that unusual, yeh get a lot o' funny folk in the Hog's Head-"

"Are you talking about one of the pubs down in Hogsmade?" Rhea asked, worry lacing her voice.

"Yeah. Might bin a dragon dealer, mightn' he? I never saw his face, he kept his hood up."

Rhea started pulling her hair, exasperated by Hagrid's lack of common sense, but when Hagrid let slip how to control Fluffy she snapped her head towards him.

"Bloody hell Hagrid, after you were the one that made me swear not to tell anyone about Fluffy's sleep habits you go and ramble about it to some stranger!" yelled Rhea.