Chapter 31

The moths gathered under the streetlight, drawn to the flames, while mosquitoes left a series of bites on Wang Yibo's shins. Wang Yibo bent down to scratch his leg, swatting a mosquito in the process, leaving a bloody mark. He furrowed his brow, picked up the mosquito's lifeless body, and tossed it away, thinking he needed to wash his hands later. In the distance, a car horn sounded.

Wang Yibo turned his head to see a white Jaguar stopping about twenty meters ahead. The passenger door opened, and Song Li's voice followed suit.

Wang Yibo hurriedly ran over, asking, "Is he okay?"

"Maybe, not too good," Song Li's expression was strangely complex. Wang Yibo was taken aback and exclaimed, "Ah." Song Li walked around to the back door, explaining, "He's just drunk, nothing serious. I mean, it's just that Xiao Laoshi's behaviour when he's drunk is a bit... different from what I imagined, haha."

Xiao Zhan could get wild when he was drunk? Wang Yibo couldn't understand why Song Li looked so awkward. He could only smile apologetically, "I'm sorry for the trouble today, and thank you for bringing him back. Ge didn't tell me you guys were going to drink, otherwise, I would have gone with you."

"Yeah, I didn't plan on drinking either, and I even drove here. It was just a sudden urge," Song Li thought, "If I had known his alcohol tolerance and preferences were this bad, I would never have ordered that bottle."

Wang Yibo leaned into the car's back seat to check on Xiao Zhan. Xiao Zhan seemed to sense the movement. He opened his eyes, and blinked a few times, but still didn't seem to focus, looking dazed.

"Are you feeling okay?" Wang Yibo never expected Xiao Zhan to get this drunk. Song Li had mentioned he only had a little Sake, but Xiao Zhan looked like he had consumed a liter of strong liquor.

He reached out to touch Xiao Zhan's forehead, then gently stroked his flushed face. Xiao Zhan's temperature was high, as if he had a fever. Xiao Zhan kept his eyes open but seemed oblivious to Wang Yibo's actions, showing no reaction. Wang Yibo sighed and turned to say, "Um, Song Li, could you lend a hand here?"

"Sure." Song Li stepped forward, helping Wang Yibo assist Xiao Zhan out of the car. Wang Yibo thanked him and then squatted down. Supporting Xiao Zhan, Song Li hesitated for a moment and asked, "What are you planning? Are you going to carry him? Is that even possible? Can you handle his weight?"

"Of course, I can carry him. How heavy do you think he is?" Wang Yibo glanced at him playfully and smiled, "What, you think all Omegas are fragile? I grew up in a military family, so I'm not like them."

"Oh no," Song Li quickly waved his hand, "That's not what I meant. Please don't misunderstand. I know you come from a military background, as Xiao Laoshi mentioned."

He sure shares a lot with you. Wang Yibo felt increasingly irritated, gesturing for Song Li to let Xiao Zhan down.

As the heavy weight descended, Wang Yibo struggled to stand up, but with Song Li watching, his competitive spirit surged. It was as if he was silently competing with Song Li.

"Thanks for your help tonight. It's quite late, so go back and rest," Wang Yibo said with a smile to Song Li.

"It's okay, no need to thank me, Yibo ge," Song Li politely replied. He returned to the passenger seat, opened the car door, and glanced at them once more. "Take it slow, and stay safe. I'll be on my way."

"Okay," Wang Yibo responded before turning around. The car started again, casting longer shadows under the streetlights. Wang Yibo could smell the faint scent of alcohol on Xiao Zhan's breath. His expression turned sour, and he muttered, "I had no idea your alcohol tolerance was this bad. All those years in the military were a waste."