Chapter 12

"Yibo, are you done showering?"

Wang Yibo had just wrapped himself in a towel when Xiao Zhan knocked on the door. Wang Yibo, drying his hair, glanced at the running washing machine and said, "Yeah, getting dressed."

"Then I'll start cooking?" Xiao Zhan asked.

"Okay." Wang Yibo put down the towel, and the sound of footsteps outside faded away.

He changed into clean clothes and took the washed underwear to the balcony to air dry before heading to the kitchen. Xiao Zhan was busy cooking, and when he turned around and smiled at Wang Yibo, he asked him to serve the rice.

He then asked, "Why did you wake up so late? Were you up all night playing games?"

"No" Wang Yibo instinctively replied, thinking it would be better to go along with it. He opened the cabinet to get a bowl and said, "I flew a red-eye flight the day before yesterday and slept until noon. It messed up my body clock, so I couldn't sleep at night."

"Alright," Xiao Zhan glanced at Wang Yibo who was busy serving food. The pheromone-blocking patch on the back of his neck was probably from two days ago. Approaching his heat cycle, his pheromones were stronger than usual and likely to leak out. Xiao Zhan caught a faint whiff of sweet fig fragrance as he brought the dishes to the table before going back to his room to get a fresh blocking patch.

Wang Yibo turned around and asked, "Where did you go? Let's eat first."

Xiao Zhan shook his head and stood behind Wang Yibo, tearing open the new blocker. "Didn't you smell it? I'll help you change to a new one."

Wang Yibo suddenly shivered and grabbed Xiao Zhan's hand in reflex when his fingertips touched the back of his neck. "I'll do it myself."

"Okay." Xiao Zhan handed him the blocker and stood by his side.

Wang Yibo glanced discreetly and, with his head lowered, peeled off the old blocker, wrapped it in tissue, balled it up, and applied the new one.

"It should be next week" Xiao Zhan looked at Wang Yibo and said, "If you feel uncomfortable, you have to tell me. Don't hesitate. You've been relying on suppressants during your heat period, and your body has developed resistance. The suppressants' effectiveness will diminish, but an Alpha's pheromones can make it much easier for you."

Wang Yibo looked up and met Xiao Zhan's concerned gaze. The glands on the back of his neck, which had just been cooled by the new blocker, started to feel restless again. He reached up to touch his own neck and nodded, saying, "I know. If I feel uncomfortable, I'll let you know."

"Don't say one thing and do another. I'm doing this for your own good" Xiao Zhan sat back in his seat and served the soup to Wang Yibo. Wang Yibo also picked up his chopsticks, looking at the bowl of soup in front of him, and murmured, "I know."

"I applied to the superiors, and you'll be flying with me next week," Xiao Zhan said after finishing his meal. "During this special period, the leaders understand, so it's already arranged." He paused, looking at Wang Yibo's expression, "Is that alright? You've flown with me before, so it's not much different. I just worry..."

"It's alright" Wang Yibo shook his head, indicating that Xiao Zhan didn't need to explain further. He helped clean up the dishes and brought them back to the kitchen. Xiao Zhan put on an apron, and Wang Yibo walked behind him to help tie the strings. Xiao Zhan was momentarily surprised and said, "Yibo?"

"Well, what's wrong?" Wang Yibo tied the apron and smiled at Xiao Zhan, looking at him. "Am I that petty? You look scared."

"What do you mean scared..." Xiao Zhan laughed and turned to face Wang Yibo, ruffling his hair. He said, "You're not petty. Why do you say that about yourself? Since I know all your concerns, I have an obligation to deal with them in the way you want, otherwise, what's the point of knowing them?"