Chapter 23

When they arrived home, the sky was burning with a fiery red hue. Xiao Zhan parked the car, unbuckled his seatbelt, and turned to the back seat, saying, "We're home, Yibo. You're not feeling dizzy anymore, right?"

Wang Yibo lightly shook his head, sat up straight, and opened the car door. Xiao Zhan got out of the car and went around to the back door, helping Wang Yibo out. Wang Yibo placed his left hand on Xiao Zhan's shoulder and looked at him before he locked the car door. He reminded, "Hey, the suitcase."

"Forget it for now. Let's talk about it tomorrow, or I can come down later to get it" Xiao Zhan suggested, leaning in to touch Wang Yibo's forehead, feeling the coldness of his sweat. He helplessly added, "You didn't go to the hospital even though I mentioned it earlier. Are you sure you're okay? It's still early now, so why don't we go to the hospital..."

"I'm really fine. The doctor came to check on me in the rest area earlier, remember? It's just a normal physical discomfort. I just need to rest well" Wang Yibo reassured, holding onto Xiao Zhan's arm and leaning against him for support. Xiao Zhan walked with him slowly into the residential complex, unable to do anything about it. He compromised and said, "Alright then, listen to me. When we get home, lie down on the bed and rest. Eat dinner and sleep early."

"I'll call my supervisor to request leave tonight" Xiao Zhan rubbed the top of Wang Yibo's head and said, "You shouldn't fly for the next few days. Wait until your heat is over before resuming work."

In the past, Wang Yibo would have stubbornly insisted and not let work be delayed. But as the sunset, casting elongated shadows of two figures intertwined and surrounded by trees and streetlights, they walked on the path back home. In such a scene, even if he had a heart of stone, it would soften. He didn't want to argue with Xiao Zhan about anything.

"Okay." Wang Yibo glanced at Xiao Zhan inconspicuously. "Then, can you cook for me?"

Xiao Zhan was taken aback and puzzled, asking, "Wasn't it always me who cooked for you?"

It seemed like it... Wang Yibo pouted his lips, unable to clearly express what he meant by asking for "cooking." But it definitely wasn't meant literally. He knew that if Xiao Zhan responded with his usual gentle tone, his small anticipation would blossom into something significant. But when Xiao Zhan responded so seriously, he felt a little disappointed, as if the question was pointless.

Wang Yibo's mood noticeably dampened, leaving Xiao Zhan even more confused. "What's wrong, Yibo? Did I not understand what you meant? What do you want to eat? Just tell me, I'll go buy the ingredients."

"Nothing." Wang Yibo shook his head and glanced at Xiao Zhan. The sunset's glow highlighted half of his face, and the evening sun reflected in his phoenix-like eyes, flowing like liquid. Wang Yibo was intoxicated by his eyes today, and he softly said, "Anything you cook is delicious."

"Ah?" Xiao Zhan felt that Wang Yibo's words were getting stranger.

Wang Yibo had always been someone who only knew how to boil water in the kitchen. After getting married, he never cooked a meal, and Xiao Zhan couldn't recall many times when Wang Yibo sweet-talked him. So why did he suddenly say this?

Xiao Zhan pressed the elevator button and ran his hand through his hair again. As the elevator descended from the twenty-fifth floor, Wang Yibo quietly leaned against Xiao Zhan's shoulder, and his hands gripping Xiao Zhan's arm made him look even more adorable. Xiao Zhan contemplated for a while but couldn't figure it out, so he reached out and touched the back of Wang Yibo's hand. "Yibo."

Wang Yibo responded with a soft "Mm" and Xiao Zhan pondered for a moment before speaking, "I feel like I still didn't understand what you meant. Why did you suddenly compliment me? If you want to say something, just say it directly."

Wang Yibo finally looked up and smiled at Xiao Zhan, saying, "So, if I compliment you, there must be something going on? Can't I compliment you for no reason? Am I that kind of person in your eyes? I just realized that you cook every day and it's not easy, so I wanted to please you and make sure we won't go hungry in the future. Is that not okay?"