Chapter Seven: El Sin Nombre

It was late at night, probably at 3 AM, the sky was still dark but it still had a bit of light to it from the full moon and shining stars. The group was on top of the roof in one of the buildings, far away from a house that El Sin Nombre might be at.

Graves was looking at the house using binoculars while everyone else was standing beside or behind him. As the boys were thinking of a plan, I was standing beside Gambit behind everyone, since she was helping me treat my wound on my shoulder.

"How did you not realize you got shot, Venom?" Gambit asks in slight worry while using small tweezers to get the bullet out of my shoulder.

"...I was too focused on getting out of there, I guess." I say while trying not to make noise while the tweezers was in the deeps of my wound.

Gambit doesn't say anything as she's too focused on my wound. Once she grabs the bullet out of my shoulder, she bandages me up and rolls my sleeve back down.

"There. Try not to get hurt this time." Gambit says as she looks at me with a stern look.

I can't help but smile softly behind my mask. For once, I have someone that I can call my friend that actually cares about my well-being.

"No promises." I say jokingly. Gambit lightly smacks my back in a joking manner as we both laugh together.

As we're talking, Alejandro and the others turn around and look at both me and Gambit. Alejandro has a look on his face as if he may not like what he's about to say. I stand up from sitting on the ground, Gambit does as well, and look up at Alejandro.

"So, what's the plan?" I ask firmly.

"My soldiers told me that VIPs in Las Alma's will be at that house over there tonight. Some are invited, others are, umm..." Alejandro went quiet after.

"Volun-told?" Gambit asks.

"Si." Alejandro says while nodding. "The meet is about us. Las Almas is burning, and they want to know who lit the fire."

"Will El Sin Nombre be there?" I ask.

"No guarantees, but this is our best shot." Alejandro says as he approaches me.

"So,...what do we plan on doing?" Gambit asks.

Alejandro, Graves, and Soap look at me and Gambit with a stern look while Ghost stands behind them, looking as if he's opposed of what they're about to say.

"If Sin Nombre wants to know who caused all this, we can tell them." Graves says.

"In order to do that though, we need someone to go in and tell them." Soap says as he looks right at me. My eyes widened slightly from realization of what they wanted me to do and I immediately shake my head at them.

"No." I scold them. "There's no way in hell I'm going in there."

Graves scoffs and shakes his head as Alejandro looks at me, almost as if begging for me to do it.

"They will trust you more cause you're a woman, Venom. Just this once, por favor?" Alejandro pleads.

I hesitate for a bit, unsure of what to say at first as I look around to see Graves and Soap standing beside Alejandro while looking at me. They looked like lost puppies while waiting for me to answer them. I then turn to see Gambit, signaling me to say no.

After giving it some thought, I let out a deep sigh and glare at Alejandro.

"Fine, I'll do it. What do I have to do?" I ask as I cross my arms. Ghost approaches me and looks at me with a bit of worry yet seriousness in his eyes.