Chapter Nine: Separated

*Slight NSFW in this chapter!! Hope y'all enjoy.*

It was late at night, probably 2 in the morning, when me and the group finally got back to Alejandro's base. Me, Ghost, Soap, and Alejandro were in one car while König, Gambit, and Rudy were in another car behind us. We were about to head back to base to talk to Valeria again until we reached the gates and Graves soldiers stopped us from entering.

I was dozing off until I felt the car stop. I rub my eyes a bit and look at Alejandro who was driving the car before looking at Ghost and Soap in the back.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Graves wants to talk, I guess?" Soap says in a confused tone.

"Let's get out and see what he wants." Alejandro says annoyingly as he gets out the car. Me, Soap, and Ghost step out of the car as well as Graves and the others step out of the other car.

Alejandro approaches Graves, looking a bit annoyed and confused on what's happening.

"What's going on?" Alejandro asks.

"This is the immediate future. Step away from the gate." Graves says sternly.

"What?" Soap says in disbelief.

"You heard me."

"You're crazy, this is my base." Alejandro says, his demeanor changing entirely. He looks pissed that Graves is giving orders on his own base.

"It's not a base. This is a sizable covert facility, and I admire it. So, I'm taking it." Graves says confidently.

Gambit stands next to Alejandro while looking at Graves in annoyance and disbelief.

"What do you mean you're taking it? You can't just take a base! What the hell gives you the right to-" Before Gambit was about to go off on Graves, Alejandro extended his arm out to stop Gambit from approaching him. He then looks over at Gambit and signals her to stay calm. Gambit ends up staying quiet but still giving Graves a glaring look.

"I don't take orders from you." Alejandro says.

"Look, no one needs to get hurt here." Graves says while backing up slightly from Alejandro.

"Are you threatening us?" Ghost asks as he stands near the car with König and Rudy.

"Soldier, I don't make threats. I make guarantees. So let's not do this." Graves says.

As I listen to the conversation, I can't help but feel slightly angered. Why did Graves turn on us all of a sudden? Everything was fine until now. I move Gambit out of the way and stand next to Alejandro, glaring at Graves while I slowly get closer to him.

"Who the fuck do you think you are to be doing something like this? Shepherd sent your team down here to help us and that's it. You're not the one in charge here, dipshit." I say threateningly.

"Oh no..." König mumbles, knowing how I get when someone pisses me off.

"Shepherd sends his regards. He told me y'all wouldn't take this well once I do this." Graves says as I'm face-to-face with him, ready to punch his stupid face of his.

"He knows about this?" Ghost asks.

"He's put me in command of this operation from here on out. Why are we talking like it's some kind of negotiation? It's not. I've got my orders, and now you have yours." Graves says while glaring at me before looking at everyone else.

"And who the fuck do you think you are, cabron? My men are inside!" Alejandro yells.

"I'm afraid not. Your men have been... detained." Graves stares at Alejandro.