Extra 13

Following Liu Yao's words, the surrounding area instantly became quiet, and all the swimming shadows stopped.

Yin Yueli turned around, her eyes still blood red, but she just looked at him quietly.

Liu Yao broke the jar and simply held his stomach, making a painful expression, "It hurts, Yue Li, is there something wrong with the child?"

"You're covering it in the wrong position, it should be farther down."

"Huh?" Liu Yao looked down at the stomach he was holding, feeling suddenly embarrassed.

The strange black shadow dispersed, and the guards came to their senses and began to evacuate the chaotic crowd. The originally lively market instantly became empty.

Yin Yueli touched his cheek, his eyes a little warmer, "Do you really have a stomachache?"

"No." The voice of the person in front of him was too gentle, and Liu Yao shook his head in shame, "I don't have stomach pain, and I'm not pregnant. I'm all lying to you."

Yin Yueli was not angry, but pinched his nose and said, "You dare to lie about this kind of thing. I will settle the score with you when I get back... But there are other things to do today."

"Let's go," Yin Yueli pulled him towards the outside of the village, "This is already the second time. He shouldn't want to involve you every time."

"Him? You already know who sent the assassins these two times." Liu Yao wrinkled his nose and was pulled by him obediently.

The assassin who pretended to be a fortune teller last time said he was sent by Eunuch Tao.

It's just that the eunuchs in the Dacheng Dynasty have no real power. Even if the other party has any grudge against Yin Yueli, he should not dare to personally pay for the murder. There must be other bigger masterminds behind this.

But Eunuch Tao is the chief eunuch in the palace, and the mastermind is bigger than him. Could it be that he is still the emperor?

Yin Yueli neither nodded nor shook his head, and just pulled Liu Yao into the carriage.

At five o'clock in the morning, the dusk drum would be beaten and the city gate would be closed. However, the carriage the two of them rode went smoothly and they entered the city with almost no obstacles.

There were not many pedestrians visible on the street, and black shadows filled the surroundings of the carriage. Liu Yao was trembling, subconsciously grabbing the people around him and asking, "Where are we going?"

"Go to the palace," Yin Yueli said with a calm expression, "You have been in the capital for a while, but you have never been to the palace. I will take you in to have a look."

"Imperial palace?" Liu Yao was surprised.

Yin Yueli nodded, as if chatting with him, "When you two get married, even if the ceremony is simple, you should meet both parents. My mother passed away early, so I will take you to offer a cup of tea to my father."

Running to the palace to serve tea so late, Liu Yao suddenly remembered his previous guess.

Could this mastermind really be the emperor?

"You don't want to?" Yin Yueli asked.

"Yes," Liu Yao nodded quickly, "Give him a few more drinks to make up for what he has lost these days!"

The night was dark, with only a full moon hanging in the sky.

The entire palace was filled with dead silence, and the smell of soup and something rotten was everywhere.