5

After crying a lot, Liu Yao's mood suddenly became lighter, and he blushed a little when he came back to his senses.

"Yes, I'm sorry, I soiled your clothes." Liu Yao sniffed and hurriedly helped the young man wipe the messed clothes.

The robe that the young man originally wore was covered in blood and had been thrown away last night.

Now the clean clothes inside were only a day old and were messed up by Liu Yao's crying, but he couldn't even find a change of clothes.

"Let's do this. I'll go to my uncle's house to help you borrow some clothes, and I'll also give my aunt the money to buy medicine."

Speaking of the money to buy medicine, Liu Yao looked at the money he had just taken back from his arms and couldn't help but feel a little worried.

He had worked as a waiter in a silk and satin shop for more than half a year, and with the broken silver tips given to him by the customers in the shop, he had almost saved one to two or five yuan of silver, which looked like a lot.

However, at the market price of red mushrooms, we can only buy three plants at most, which is obviously not enough.

Liu Yao was thinking hard about how to make money in the future, when he suddenly noticed that the face of the person opposite him seemed to have darkened, his eyes were slightly squinted, and he was staring at him with lowered eyes.

"You want to leave?"

Following the young man's words, the originally cool air suddenly became biting.

"No," thinking that the other party had misunderstood something, Liu Yao shook his head quickly, "I just went to deliver the money and will come back after finishing the delivery."

After Liu Yao finished speaking, he felt funny again, and even his depressed mood improved a lot, "Hey, you're not afraid of being alone on the mountain, right? Don't worry, I'm still a sacrifice now, so I can't just go down the mountain." Yes, I promise to be back before dark."

After hearing the word "sacrifice", the young man's expression finally softened and he remained silent without speaking.

After appeasing the young man, Liu Yao took the time to go down the mountain and handed the money he had retrieved to his aunt Feng Wen. He also used the cold weather on the mountain as an excuse to ask for some of his uncle's clothes.

In the room, Aunt Feng Wen clutched the money with a worried look on her face and kept urging him to spend the night at home, as there were many wild animals on the top of the mountain.

Even if there is no mountain god, it is dangerous enough. Besides, offering sacrifices to the mountain god is just a formality. There is no need to be so honest.

"fine."

Liu Yao shook his head. If it were just Liu Yao himself, he would probably do what his aunt said and just fool around. But he had just promised that man to go back, and he couldn't break his promise.

"There are only two days left. Just be patient and let it pass, so as not to cause trouble if Li Zheng and the others find out later."

"Li Zheng is an old fool," the aunt was still aggrieved. "Anyway, be careful and don't hold on. The worst that can happen is that the whole family will be driven out of the village. Who wants to stay in this poor place?"

Aunt Feng Wen traveled with Uncle Liu Yao all the year round, and she was well-informed. She felt from the bottom of her heart that the so-called living sacrifice ceremony was a bad custom in small places.

Otherwise, why wouldn't a strong man be used as a sacrifice?

Instead, it will only harm the girls and boys in the village.