Shopkeeper Cui's face was solemn, and he could no longer show mercy to his son-in-law. He raised his voice and called the onlookers, "Now, go to the academy immediately and ask my uncle if he has been studying seriously and if he has been with a strange woman recently. dense."

"Yes." The guy who was called responded quickly.

There are many scholars in the academy who like to study all night long. Although it is late now, but before midnight, they may still be able to find people in the academy to ask questions.

Hearing that Shopkeeper Cui asked the clerk to go to the academy to inquire, the scholar suddenly panicked and regretted that he had just ventured back.

He thought that the two people could only find out that there was something wrong with the well water, but he did not expect that it would also involve him.

No, I haven’t reported to the official yet, everything is still too late.

"Where are you going?" Shopkeeper Cui stepped forward and tried to stop him, but was pushed away and almost hit the wall.

"Get out of the way!" The scholar's eyes were red and he had to leave immediately. It took time to report to the official, and he hadn't had time to kill anyone yet. As long as he could get away before the official, no one would come to catch him.

The scholar kept walking and felt like he was running out of the backyard, out of the city, and straight to the woods outside the city.

The rapid wind whistled in his ears.

"Husband!" Someone screamed from behind.

The scholar suddenly raised his eyes, only to see that the illusion had dissipated. There were no woods outside the city. Only a familiar well appeared in front of him at some point.

well? The scholar's heart stopped. When he wanted to stop, it was already too late. The world was spinning, and the cold well water swallowed him up instantly.

There was a mess in the backyard, and several guys were trying to fish the scholar out of the well.

The scholar who was rescued went crazy and kept saying that a monster was trying to drag him into the water. Then he struggled and hit the wall of the well and completely passed out.

After a night of turmoil, the matter finally came to an end and everyone dispersed. Shopkeeper Cui asked someone to lock the unconscious scholar into the woodshed and prepare to send him to the government at dawn.

Poisoning the well water is not a trivial matter. Thinking of the scholar's talent that he had originally admired, he strongly advocated marrying his daughter to

The other party did not hesitate to spend a large sum of money to study for the other party, so Shopkeeper Cui couldn't help but sigh deeply.

The only good thing is that I was probably afraid of things getting serious.

Therefore, the scholar only poisoned the container of well water. The poison was relatively mild and hardly affected the customers in the two stores. It was a blessing in misfortune.

In the yard, the kitten meowed softly and was returned by Liu Yao to shopkeeper Cui's daughter.

The woman looked gentle. This kitten often roamed nearby. She and Aunt Zhou next door were responsible for feeding it on weekdays. Originally, it was just a pity for the kitten because of the cold weather, but now it was saved by the other party.

The woman rubbed the kitten's head, "It must have wanted to remind us before, so it threw the small animals that had drunk the well water in front of the door. There were also ghosts and cats meowing in the middle of the night. It was also because of my husband. It always has a habit of poisoning us at night. It discovered it and wanted to lure us out."