"You did great my love" I said, cupping her face in her hands. "I'm so happy to be here with you" I kissed her pout away.

"I'm happy too" she wrapped both her arms around my waist, pulling me closer. "Are you completely sure I didn't seem like an awkward mess?"

"Pretty sure" I nodded, pecking the tip of her nose and her lips right after.

"You're lying just to make me happy" she furrowed her brows.

"I'm not" I shrugged, starting to smother her face with kisses until she moved away.

"Okay, fine" she laughed. "I feel better now. You room looks cool, by the way"

"Oh. Right" I suddenly remembered where we were. "You like it?"

I turned around to fully let the fact that I was there sink in. It definitely didn't look like a bedroom I'd consider ideal in the present, but I really loved it while I was living there. The light-brown wooden floor matched with the huge bookshelves placed along a wall, and the king-sized bed with a cream colored cover was on the wall next to it.

"Yeah. I can't believe you have a TV in your bedroom!" she said, looking at the television attached to the wall opposite to the bed.

"I'd never want that now" I chuckled. "But I felt the coolest person on earth when I had installed, I was like fifteen or something.

"Looks like I'm getting to see younger you pictures before I thought I would" she said as she walked near the dark blue wardrobe.

"Oh, yeah, those. I never took them off, figured they were good memories. Even if I don't speak to any of those people anymore" I sighed, looking at the printed polaroid pictures attached to the wardrobe with pieces of tape, showing mainly me and my high-school group of friends.

"I told you I knew you looked like Megan Fox in Jennifer's body! You're identical!"

"I'm not sure I see the resemblance, but okay"

"No, I swear, look, I'll google it, hang on" she took her phone out of her pocket.

"I know what she looks like, I just don't see it" I laughed.

"You're just being modest" she rolled her eyes at me.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" I asked, maybe in a too teasing tone.

"I..." her cheeks started to get flushed as she struggled to say anything else.

"I was joking baby, didn't mean to fluster you" I laughed at her reaction. "How is it that after all of these months you still-"

"Enough" she grumbled, moving away and sitting on the bed.

"Enough what?" I questioned, trying to hold laughter in as I towered over her.

"Whatever you were gonna say. I did not come here to get bullied by you" she shrugged. "This bed is huge, by the way"

"I wasn't bullying you. I was just laughing at the fact that we've been together for eight months and you still get-"

"Not funny. Whatever you were gonna say" she grabbed a pillow and hit me with it.

"Whatever" I laughed, sitting next to her just to catch her off guard and grab her shoulder while I lied down, causing her to land on top of me. "You're cute" I pecked her lips.

"What are you doing?" she furrowed her brows, trying to free herself from my grip, which just made her fall to her side, leaving us forehead to forehead.

"Nothing. I'm just happy to be here with you"

"I'm happy too" she kissed me again. "But that doesn't explain tackling me onto the bed"

"It's my way of showing gratitude"

"Okay, then" she giggled. "I love you"

"Me too. So much" I smiled. "But, uhm, jokes aside. Are you okay?" I cleared my throat.

"Huh?"

"Are you okay with like, uhm, being here. You were nervous earlier. I don't know, just wanted to make sure"

"I'm good. I was just scared of not making a good first impression. And, you know, the idea of parents is still kind of influenced by what happened back home. Not having my own parents' approval is bad enough, I was scared it'd be the same with my girlfriend's parents. But hopefully it won't"

"Yeah, I imagined. I'm sorry, love. But as I said, if my parents don't like someone it means they're a really horrible person. Which you're not" I said with a chuckle.

"Did they, uhm, did they...like Maya?"

"Oh" I just said, my eyes widening at the unexpected question. "Yes and no. It's complicated. But more no than yes, probably. I should have taken that as a sign, I guess"

"Okay. I didn't mean to ruin the conversation"

"No, it's a fair question. But let's not think about that anymore" I tried to ignore the fact that my heart had started racing, for whatever reason. "You know, I think they were implying they'd be happy to have lunch with us earlier. Is that okay?"

"Of course. I'm hungry" she nodded with a smile. "And then you can show me around town this afternoon"

"Absolutely. It's gonna be a fun week" I gave her one last kiss before we both got up.

a/n: sorry for all these fillers, i just enjoy writing happy moments between these two a lot :')