𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

The five moved into the parlour and Rose began to explain. "Okay. I only know what I've picked up over the years. And, I don't know what's true and what's not true. That's the problem with all this vampire crap. But, Klaus I know is real."

"Klaus?" Eden softly repeated his name underneath her breath. 

"Who is he?" Elena spoke over her. 

"He's one of the Originals." The eldest Salvatore vaguely answered. "He's a legend."

"From the first generation of vampires."

Elena nodded in understanding. "Like Elijah?"

"No." Rose exasperatedly sighed as her hands moved from her hips. "Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot solider. Klaus is the real deal."

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan carried on in a slightly less panicked tone than Rose. He didn't want to scare the twins. 

The eldest Gilbert folded her arms over her chest and glanced between Stefan, Damon and Rose. "So, the oldest vampire in the history of time wants Elena and I?" 

"Yes."

"No."

"What they're saying is—" Damon started, before he glanced at Rose and immediately corrected himself. "I mean, if what she's saying is true—" 

"—Which it is." Rose nodded.

"And, you're not just saying this so we don't kill you."

"—Which I'm not." She repeated.

"Then, we're looking at a solid maybe."

Their faces fell, and that's when Stefan took his opportunity to attempt to look on the bright side of the situation. "Look, Elijah's dead, right? No one else even knows the two of you exist. I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know what's real. For all we know, he could just be some stupid bedtime story."

"He's real!" Rose pressed again. She seemed almost irritated in the way they were dismissing Klaus. "And, he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus then you're an idiot."

"Alright, we're shaking. You've made your point." Damon glared harshly at the vampire.

Eden and Elena had immediately rose to their feet and grabbed their purses. They started toward the door, but Eden turned around when she noticed the perplexed looks on their faces. "Before you ask— school. You know, the thing us teens do."

"Let me, uh— let me grab my stuff, I'll go with you guys." Stefan pulled himself from the couch, but Elena shook her head.

"It's okay. We know where it is."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Tell everyone that we went home because we weren't feeling too hot." Eden informed Caroline as she, Elena and Caroline strolled through the forest. "Given everything that's happening right now, it shouldn't be too unbelievable."

Caroline's face fell. "I can't believe I'm agreeing to this. I'm a terrible liar!"

"Keep Stefan busy." Elena instructed as she lugged the large bag of incentive for Katherine through the forest. "I don't want him knowing what we're up to."

"I'm even worse at duplicity, and you know this!"

Once they reached the entrance to the tomb, a small scoff left Eden's lips. "Something tells me you'll do great, if your performance keeping Elena occupied when Katherine was with Stefan is anything to go by."