💐 Chapter 10

< °°JUNGKOOK's P. O.V°° >

"Let me serve you some more chicken." My mom says smilingly before getting up from her seat.

"It's a little too much, Mom."

"Just eat." She scolded. " You're never really home, I have no idea what you eat at your place."

"Oh he is fit and fine, you don't have to worry, Miran." My grandfather said. "Let him eat."

I mentally thank my grandfather for this.

"Oh you're uh here." My mom said as ny father walks in.

I stiffened. This is why I didn't want to join this dinner.

"Can't miss the family dinner." My father said.

I didn't have to think twice. His lies didn't work anymore and I hope he knew that.

"Pass me the salad, Kook." He said.

I didn't move. My mom cleared her throat and passed the salad to my father and I kept my focus on my plate.

"You are barely home, we get worried sometimes." My dad said as I take a bite of the sweet chicken which tasted sour the moment he opened his mouth.

"Good to know that you still care or atleast you pretend to." I answered.

"Uhm, who wants some more potatoes?" My mom asked.

"Don't you care about us? Did you grow so much now that we don't matter anymore?" My dad added, ignoring my mom's attempt to clear the air.

"Did we ever matter to you?" I asked back.

"Not this again. You are still in the past."

"Are you not?"

My father rubbed his temples and let out a sigh.

"Your mom gets worried, and so I do care-"

"If you did, you'd still be here with her, taking care of her, instead of chasing other women."

"Jungkook." He yelled. "Did you forget that I'm your father?"

"You lost that right a long time ago." I spitted.

"It's supposed to be a family dinner." Gramps said. "Not a battleground."

"I'm done with the dinner. I apologise Gramps, but I have a conference call in an hour, I'll be in your study room."

Gramps nodded and I excused myself.

The cold air seemed even colder as I stood near the window, looking at the beautiful yard that I once loved as a child. It was one of the sweet memory that I was supposed to have now as an adult, but all it did was reminding of how I was living in a lie for a very long time.

The perfect happy family never existed.

"Did you have to talk back to your father like that?" My mom said as she strides in the room and placed the coffee on the study table.