💐 Chapter 3

< °°Y/N's P. O.V°° >

' I'll deal with the consequences tomorrow.' This is exactly what I told myself before falling asleep last night. But 'tomorrow' is here. I barely touched my breakfast and Ri looked worried. When I told her I wasn't feeling well, she suggested that we skip work and school and have a whole day in bed watching her favourite Disney movies.

Oh I wish I could do that. In fact, I even thought of sending a resignation email to my boss. The building was getting closer, and I wanted to throw up. It was the nervousness of having to face my boss whom I actually argued with on a call last night.

Would he be mad?

Of course he would be, Y/N. You refused to talk to him last night and you actually hanged up on his face before he could even say something. Of course, he'd be mad.

Okay. But I have to deal with this anyway and it's not like I did anything wrong. I refuse to work after office hours. That's it. I did nothing wrong by standing up for myself.

I kept debating mentally, until I reached my floor.

"Good morning,Y/N."

"Good morning, Louise." I said forcing a smile. "Is he already here?"

Louise nodded and I sighed.

I walked to my office and kept all of ny stuffs, took a minute to take a deep breath before walking towards the door until my phone rang.

"Hello." I said a little breathlessly.

"My office. Now." Okay. He is actually mad.

"Okay!" I said as I took my notebook and pen and rushed to his office.

"How-"

"I'm sorry-"

We stopped at the same time.

"Well, I'm glad you realise your mistake.That was so disrespectful of you to talk to me the way you did last night. You are my assistant, you work with me-"

"I'm so sorry to interrupt you, Mr Jeon. I apologise for hanging up on you last night which might have been too much, but if you think I'm apologising for refusing to work, then you're wrong." I said.

"Excuse me?" He said in disbelief.

I guess no one has ever talk back to him like that

"Are you saying that you don't think you did anything wrong?" He asked.

The way he jaw clenched, you could already see that he was in fact very very angry. But that doesn't scare me.

"No. I said it before, and I'm going to say it again, Mr Jeon, I don't work after office hours."

"And I said it before too, Miss Y/N. That you get paid for the overtime."

"I don't really care about the extra money or the increase in my salary, I get paid enough, Mr Jeon, which is why even offering me paid overtime hours won't really interest me."

"So, maybe we should just fire you then?"

"Sorry?"

"If you refuse to be professional-"

"This isn't a question of my professionalism, Mr Jeon. The moment I started working here, I fulfill my duties very well, and I do my best in every task given to me. It's not about being professional, it's about working after office hours."