Chapter 50

I tried to empty my mind to, hopefully, being absent-minded for a while. I got more and more anxious as my turn approached as if something would happen... we were just meeting again. Well, something was about to happen, exactly that.

The chance of us breaking up after those months without talking still bothered me at the back of my head, but it seemed so improbable that I just buried it under other thoughts.

While they greeted the small group in front of me, I tried to make eye contact with Chan, but he didn't notice. They were already getting ready for the photo when Chan looked to the side, as if he had seen something from the corner of his eye and turned to check, and saw me. He flashed a smile before looking to the front for the photo.

I heard Stays muffling a scream next to me. I mean, who wouldn't? If it's not because I was idiotic, maybe I would have too.

After they took the photo, the staff let us go over to greet them and take our own. I walked those few steps like walking in a plank.

We greeted them, Felix started giggling when he saw me, Han and Changbin waved at me and Hyunjin looked confused at them and me interchangeably, and looked at Seungmin with an awkward expression like asking what was going on, but Seungmin didn't pay him attention. Lee Know and I.N didn't mind anything; they were too busy greeting and smiling to the fans.

We all got in position for the photo with some help from the staff and I tried my best to get next to Chan but the dumbass crouched down on the first row even after we exchanged a look. I had to hand him my number, how in the world I was going to do that with him there?

I mustered the best smile I could, I was panicking and low-key irritated. We took the photo and we started to part ways, I crumpled the paper in my hand and gave Chan a final look in hope he would get what I was trying to do. He looked at me puzzled at first and then his face lighted up in realization, I was already sweating in fear someone would notice what I was doing but fans seemed too busy praising the boys.

I gave up on the idea of handing the damn paper directly to him and just let it fall on the floor from my pocket. Luckily, Chan would have the chance to pick it up. I was going at the tail of the queue to get the signed photocard and tote bag they were giving as a gift, but when it was my turn, there were none left.

"Excuse me", I turned to talk to one of the staff members that was nearby. He looked at me and then at the table and knew right away what I was going to say.

"We are so sorry, I think we count them wrong, but someone went to get another one already. Please, give us a minute". In a matter of seconds, I saw Mr. Lee hurriedly walking toward us.

"Oh, hello". I greeted him politely in Korean. "Have you been well?"

"What happened to you?" He asked. The staff member looked at us weirdly.

"Ah, some things happened. I'm sorry".

"Here, there's something for you in here as well". He handed me the tote bag.

"Thank you". I bowed lightly and made my way out already checking the bag. The only thing in there was the signed photocard, but I almost screamed when I saw what was written on it on the back. I grabbed my phone in a rush. One, two, three, four. "Pick it up, please", I begged in my mind. We were the last group but maybe he was still busy.

"Hello?" I heard his voice through the phone and I swear I could have cried if it's not because there were people around.

"You knew I was coming!".

"It was just a hunch". There were still three hours for the concert, I got early access so maybe...

"Can I see you now? Just a few minutes". There was a short silence.