Chapter 130 - Horizon

Start from the beginning

"Hah! You know I haven't done that in centuries nephew, follow me into the hall since we're already far past being fashionably late!"

Uncle Poseidon despite looking really similar to Zeus has always been way more relaxed and laid back even if I can never be sure where his true intentions lay. I used to be like him and still kinda am to an extent but trying to enjoy life stuck around so many paranoid Gods starts to take its toll on you, this is just one of reasons I envy mortals so much. If it wasn't for the enviable short life and death cycles, I'd have chosen a new body to possess years ago.

Should probably focus on what's happening right now, we both would've received an invite to another meetup at the huge Olympus hall and knowing Zeus, things are about to start heating up. Ah, that comment Poseidon made about smell was what I was going for, appearing and smelling drunk should allow me to avoid speaking to the majority of visitors however many have come.

Entering the grand hall, it looks like me and uncle are the last to show up I'm unexpectedly shocked just to see how many Gods are in here today. The hall is filled with representatives from every part of the heavenly realms and there appears to be people from every one of the four ruling factions as well. The hall is basically packed with most Olympus and Ragnarök Gods but there is a couple of angels and even just a single demon. If this wasn't a neutral venue, then heads would be flying right now, both looked pissed enough especially the angels to see the other faction of the never-ending good vs evil battle that is basically a passing joke at this point.

I'm also pretty certain nearly every major God from our side is here as well obviously excluding the underworld lot and Hephaestus. He's been missing for years at this point but everyone already knows that since he might despise father more than Hades himself. He's probably gone into isolation but he could be dead for all we know.

Trying to describe a hundred God and Goddess appearances would be maddening but it's not that difficult to imagine the basics. Us Olympians all wear togas and are always the most beautiful, the Ragnarök bunch look like a group of ungroomed barbarians with no thoughts on the animals they wear. Angels just so happen to be wearing similar clothing to us but obviously with the white wings protruding from their backs and then, the very noticeable red demon with two horns sticking out of his head. All Gods have a majestic air to them but demons or devils have always preferred the cruelty aura over anything else.

"Everyone listen up and take a seat! Olympus welcomes you all to the grand hall!"

Most of us do as Zeus asks but it appears the God's from the Ragnarök side just want to get this over and done with already. Can't say I blame them considering how much everyone dislikes each other.

"What's the reason for sending for us Zeus?"

"Aye, my hammer needed some more work and here I am stuck serving for this crap"

"You two should really lighten up but it would be better to hurry this along though"

The three speaking are Odin one eye, Thor who might as well be a big dwarf and a dark-haired woman wearing a fancy red dress that's very revealing. Anyone who knows anything about the Ragnarök faction has heard about Loki and his insistence on trying to confuse or prank people but to come over here looking like that? He's planning something weird tonight.

"Just take a seat and we can all get started! Believe me, the faster this is over, the better"

At least they are willing to listen to reason but now left standing around the gigantic long table, is two others. Sigh, this is already growing tiresome.

"You expect us to share a table with that evil being?"

"The stench of demon always lingers on anything it touches"