Chapter 14

"Brooke?" Chase asked walking into the apartment. She had been reading through her magazine, Ellie sitting at the bench eating her breakfast.

"Hey, Chase." Smiled Ellie shoving a spoonful of cereal into her mouth.

"Hey, El." He smiled ruffling her messy hair. "What have you got for breakfast?"

"Corn flakes, and orange juice!" she smiled holding the spoon out for Chase, who took a mouthful.

"Hey. Thanks for coming." Brooke said

"Thanks for calling." Chase said "Are you okay?"

"I don't know. Karen's still in the hospital, and there's... something else." Brooke began "Okay... I think." Chase sat down next to Ellie, Brooke paused breathing out. "I think I'm gonna turn myself in for stealing the calculus exam."

"The day before graduation?" asked Chase taking Ellies glass of juice, beginning to drink it.

"I know. It's just... I was looking at the honour wall at school, and... I don't belong up there... you know?" Brooke went on sitting down next to Chase. "There's nothing honourable about letting your friend take the blame for something you've done."

"All right, I love you for that, but what if they don't let you graduate? I mean, Rachel's already gone, school's over. What's it really gonna change?" asked Chase, now taking Ellies bowl and finishing off her cereal.

"The way I feel about myself...  And you just said you love me." Brooke smiled

"I did not." Chase smiled

"You did." Ellie deadpanned, before tuning to Chase "And you just ate all my breakfast."

"Sorry." He apologised grabbing to juice from the counter and filling her cup back up.

"Did so." Added Brooke "You just said, "and I love you for that."

"So, what if I did? And what if I do?" asked Chase, Brooke leant in and kissed him.

"Eww!" laughed Ellie

***

"Principal Turner! Principal Turner!" Chase called running down the hall, Ellie trailing behind him "Look, if you suspend her, I think you're really making a big mistake. I don't mean to barge in like this..."

"Shut up. Chase, I love you for this, really, but, shut up." Brooke smiled at Chase. "Um, I'm sorry. We'll... we'll just go. Go. Thanks." She added to principal Tuner, she put her arm around chase and took Ellies hand, the three of them ended up in the gym.

"Oh, priceless. "Mr. Turner, if you suspend her, you're making a huge mistake!" Brooke mocked

"I was trying to help." Chase said defending himself.

"I know. You were very cute." Brooke smiled as the leant up against the stage.

"I couldn't just stand by and let you not graduate." Chase said scooping Ellie up and placing her on the stage. "Besides, it got you to say you love me."

"I did not." Brooke tried

"You did mummy." Ellie said sitting down on the edge, swinging her legs.

"Yeah, you did." Chase went on "You told me to shut up, and then you said, "I love you for this, but go."

"So, what if I did?" asked Brooke "So what if I do?" Chase lent in to kiss Brooke but she stopped him.

"Hey. Are we really gonna do this?" asked Brooke

"You mean kiss?" asked Chase "I hope so."

"No, I mean... get all blissed out on each other, like... right before I leave for the summer and we go to college." Brooke explained